koth_quartz

KotH koth_quartz betav1.3

OnyxCanoe™

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2016
koth_longhorn - Map based off of Moonrat's cp_eturnius_a3

Based on Moonrat's cp_eturnius_a3
I've added textures, removed some points and changed the respawn rooms a bit. While it's looking finished, it still has quite a few bugs that don't necessarily break the game. Since I am using a pre-made map, Feel free to edit this for yourselves, but don't forget to credit Moonrat for this awesome creation!...

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
Map looks good from what I see except for the point, with all the height advantages around the point it would difficult for the enemy team to cap

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
Look, I couldn't think of a name. If you have a better one, please, tell me

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
*NEW!
-Added 3D Skybox
-Added new textures

**Fixed
-Fixed issues with texture/model
-Fixed Resupply lockers not working for BLU team
-Fixed Player's ability to see through walls

***Known Bugs
-Capture point not available for capture for either team
-Few Textures w/ nodraw still capable of being seen by players on RED

Still in development. More updates on the way.
2016-01-29_00002.jpg 2016-01-29_00004.jpg 2016-01-29_00008.jpg 2016-01-29_00012.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
A new release for this map with some fixes and new areas.

- Added third "choke" point above "Mid"
- Added to allow for the gamemode to switch from KOTH to CTF later in development

- Raised the height of the capture point

- Removed lower access route for RED team

- Added more lights to the map for increased visibility

- Changed 2D Skybox texture to sky_stormfront_01 from sky_trainyard_01 and changed light_env/env_sun entity to complement the skybox

Current Bugs:

- Capture point is not functioning

- Some light bugs including dark areas and light piercing through brush edges

-Some 3D Skybox brush and texture glitches

Read the rest of this update entry...

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Looks REALLY overscaled in my opinion. You should fix that,along with the flat CP.

And btw...

20160620004009_1-jpg.20079

right at top... Why do you have a small health/ammo pack inside the spawn? The resupply lockers will heal you/replenish you to the max. No need to place that.

And also,move the lights away from the walls,and make them less bright. It's just so distracting seeing all those big,white and shiny dots for no reason. You can just get only ONE light in the exact middle of the room to light everything inside.

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
Looks REALLY overscaled in my opinion. You should fix that,along with the flat CP.

And btw...

20160620004009_1-jpg.20079

right at top... Why do you have a small health/ammo pack inside the spawn? The resupply lockers will heal you/replenish you to the max. No need to place that.

And also,move the lights away from the walls,and make them less bright. It's just so distracting seeing all those big,white and shiny dots for no reason. You can just get only ONE light in the exact middle of the room to light everything inside.

Like I said, there were some errors I just haven't gotten around to clearing. I even saw the ammo/health there and questioned myself, but I did shorten the spawn a bit. The lights were there when Moonrat made the map. I was trying to remove them all, but again, never got around to it. A new fix will be posted soon.