KOTH Procedural

KOTH Procedural A1

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
KOTH Procedural - Never run out of map ideas ever again.

Ok fine it's not actually procedural. Not yet anyway. RNG will determine your ultimate fate.

The map will stalemate if no gamer caps the central control point within 60 excruciating seconds.

Enjoy!

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
This is fantastic! How does this work? Does it use logic cases to determine what to make where?

Yeah that's pretty much it. Here's the vmf. You can see how simple it actually is. The logic is not very elegant at all.

I'm working on a new version that's actually procedural instead of a just a ton of entity makers.

Attachments

• koth_procedural_a1a.vmf
    1.4 MB · Views: 153

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Played this with a group of friends; this was really really cool and by far the coolest jam entry i've ever seen. This concept i think has huge potential. I could imagine a dm map that changed parts of the map every so often, or even just shuffled areas around or something

A few things that I think need help:
- Too many giant fucking walls
- Clipping was difficult to deal with, maybe just remove it all or make some walls able to be jumped over
- The white colors were so bright, maybe a grey dev texture?

Jack5

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 6, 2018
I experienced a bug with this map where players were in the middle of capping a point when the map stalemated. You should put a trigger on the point to prevent stalemating if the point is reached.