I am having a strange issue.

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Marriage Iguana

L1: Registered
May 7, 2018
There seems to be a func_respawnroomvisualizer where I have never placed one, and where there is not one in the hammer views. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what might be a possible solution? I am new to mapping so I have never experienced this.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/DeVc69g

Marriage Iguana

May 7, 2018
also, the reason the door in the back is gone in the second picture is because I am facing the other direction, it is symmetrical.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
This looks like you have the nocull texture on every face. You need to only have it on a single face, while all the others are textured with nosraw

Marriage Iguana

May 7, 2018
what I am trying to say is that, in hammer, the func_respawnroomvisualizer does not even exist, but it does in the game. I do not know what could be causing this.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Is the map successfully compiling? Or perhaps the map you're seeing in-game is an older version of the map.

Marriage Iguana

May 7, 2018
And it gives me no errors when compiling, I checked with that website

Edit: it gives me NO errors

Last edited:

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
What happens to it if you type "ent_fire func_respawnroomvisualizer kill" in the console?

Also, try opening the .vmf in notepad and ctrl+f "no_entry". See if there are more brushes/entities that use the texture than you intend. Maybe there is something in the .vmf that hammer isn't showing for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Marriage Iguana

May 7, 2018
when I type that command it disappears, but do do all the others in the level. I opened the .vmf in notepad++ and there are only 4, the amount I would expect.

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
The reason i wanted you to try killing it, was to see if it was an actual func_respawnroomvisualizer. Not that it makes much of a difference, as i have no idea what causes your problem.

3 things you could do from here:

- What happens if you put all your intended visualizers in a visgroup and disable said visgroup before compiling? Does the offending one remain even when your inteded visualizers are gone?

- If you have a 3d skybox, check if you have a tiny visualizer left over from copying and downscaling world geometry (probably not, if you already checked the .vmf with notepad)

- Try letting me or somebody else do a test compile and see whether the problem is local to you or occurs to others.

Last edited:

Marriage Iguana

May 7, 2018
Ok, I found the problem. Apparently I had both of the Red func_respawnroomvisualizers have the respawn room trigger set as their parent. Removing it, leaving the parent slot empty, solved the problem. Thank you all for your help!