Hiver Tower

PD Hiver Tower b3

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hiver Tower - A Player Destruction version of High Tower. Heavily inspired by Ismaciodismorphus's pd_pipeline!

This map reskin is heavily inspired by the maps below. Check them out!:

Ismaciodismorphus - Player Destruction Pipeline
(Another Payload Race map transformed into a Player Destruction map, inspiring me to make this!)

Defcon - Altitude
(Heavily inspired the lighting, skybox, and themeing on this map, as well as providing me with textures/blends Altitude used!)

Summary:

A reskin of High Tower to be winter themed, as well as have the Player Destruction gamemode. Kill enemies and capture their presents, then secure the presents at one of the two capture zones that will open up every 45 seconds! One point is at the cliffs, in the building near the edge. The other point is in between where you'd usually push the carts up their respective elevators!

Changes to this map include;
-Textures, models, lighting, and the skybox have been changed to suit the winter theming
-Patches to better indicate where health and ammo packs will respawn
-The inclusion and removal of one or two props to better suit gameplay
-A small platform near the tower with a magnificent statue of Soldier TF2 on top of it
-Increased the size of trigger_multiples that open spawn doors for quality of life
-Changed a health pack near both points to make it less easy fully restore health while near point

Credits:

Ismaciodismorphus - Creator of Player Destruction Pipeline and the main inspiration for this map!
Defcon - Creator of Altitude and the inspiration for the lighting and theming of this map!
Donhonk - Creator of the Snow Cat model used on this map from the TF2 Emporium Vehicle Prop Pack!
KrazyZark - Creator of the Briefcase Present that was repurposed to be the PD pickup for this map!
Pinewabble - Creator of some festive props included in the map from Wabble's Small Smissmass Pack!
Urban - Creator of the cappoint holograms used on this map from the Autumnal Mini-Expansion!

Last edited:

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Some things to note:
-I'm still a bit new when it comes to making stuff for more vanilla gameplay. I kind of made this out of passion for Player Destruction since I love the gamemode.
-As far as this reskin goes, I realize it's still quite barebones, emphasis on the alpha state. I definitely plan on detailing further, and adjusting lighting as I work on the map to seperate it further from the original High Tower.
-Logic isn't my forte, and I only just started learning how it works for this map. If you find any mistakes or things you'd like to suggest I adjust, feel free to bring them up!

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
-Some new models (Check credits in overview for more info!)
-Removed clipping on some plants that I didn't remove clipping on for some reason
-Actually properly packed some models that I didn't pack before (needed manual packing)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
-Static versions of the Bday gibs used as Christmas presents under the Christmas Trees! (Check credits in the overview)
-Speaking of the Christmas trees, they were moved a little more out of the way
-Those barriers that onces blocked you from falling off have been removed and replaced with jump pads, offering another method of getting to the deposit point by the cliff!
-New props, details, and clipping changes here and there that you'll never notice! Muahahahaha!
-Announcer now says "Control point enabled!" when a point enables, better indicating that the point is active
-Added env_sprite indicators that show through walls when a point is active for more transparency

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
-Added func_nobuilds on both points to make them less campable
-Added more railings on the cliff point to make it harder to simply push players off
-Made it so windows on the cliff point one way glass, that way you can't see through them if you're on the point
-Added hud indicators to better show which point is active

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Gravidea updated Hiver Tower with a new update entry:

Returning Overlays & Small Fixes

-Turned func_nobuilds in each spawn into func_respawnrooms in order to prevent players from bringing pickups into spawn with no penalty
-Brought back all missing overlays that were previous present in the original Hightower, while removing some that were irrelevant for this version
-Compiled map in CompilePal's "Publish" instead of "Full"
-Removed present env_sprite above both points
-Added a capture point hologram that only shows up when the point is active
-Added training_annotations that...

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Gravidea updated Hiver Tower with a new update entry:

Small Changes

-Adjustments to railings to make it harder to get pushed off.
-Some parts of the roof near the cliff building can now be walked on to get high ground over the point.
-Added new lights in the cliff building.
-Minor clipping, lighting, and pack adjustments.
-Adjusted distance at which some models fade out.