help with item_teamflag

aussyspitz

L1: Registered
Feb 4, 2015
I'm trying to use an item_teamflag to direct bots to a certain area/location and then use a trigger as they get close to it disable it but I'm running in to a lot of problems. It's a 5cp map I want it to be invisible no model, trail, effects or glow. So far I am unable to make it invisible despite turning model off and it always glows its location on the map. The worst side effect is it appears to be introducing CTF game logic which causes a gates opening in 60 seconds message to show up in the map which is also not desirable . I also tried using func_nav_prefer but it didn't really have the desired outcome. I know this can be done but I must be doing or setting something wrong. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
To make item_teamflag invisible:
  • For the map glow outline--Send this to the team flag
    • ForceGlowDisabled 1
  • For the trail and particles--Set keyvalue on the team flag:
    • trail_effect 0
  • Lastly, the model override keyvalue (flag_model) can be set to:
    • models/empty.mdl
"Gates opening in 60 seconds" should be tied to team_round_timer, no? If not, try playing with the item_teamflag GameType keyvalue.

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
To make item_teamflag invisible:
  • For the map glow outline--Send this to the team flag
    • ForceGlowDisabled 1
  • For the trail and particles--Set keyvalue on the team flag:
    • trail_effect 0
  • Lastly, the model override keyvalue (flag_model) can be set to:
    • models/empty.mdl
"Gates opening in 60 seconds" should be tied to team_round_timer, no? If not, try playing with the item_teamflag GameType keyvalue.

Solution

aussyspitz

L1: Registered
Feb 4, 2015
Your suggestions of using ForceGlowDisabled 1, trail_effect 0, setting the flag model to models empty and looking at the team_round_timer all worked like a charm. I had one final issue to resolve to get rid of the CTF HUD which I solved using the tf_gamerules entity with help from this thread https://tf2maps.net/threads/removing-or-modifying-the-ctf-score-hud.12256/ just in case someone else needs help. Thanks again would not have been able to proceed without your help.

Last edited: