Removing or modifying the CTF score/HUD

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by vonDelson, Mar 2, 2010.

1. vonDelson

vonDelson L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all!

Is there any way to remove or modify the CTF score/HUD? In a standard CTF map, the score/HUD shows the current number of flag-caps per team and the maximum number of caps (the "playing to: 3" thing). If it's possible, for my next project I'd like to complete remove the score/HUD, or at least modify the number of maximum flag-caps (from 3 to 1). In Hammer, I can't find any settings for the CTF score/HUD.

I've Googled a lot and searched this site over and over, but no luck...

Thanks guys (and gals)!

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Its controlled by the server. However, you could set something up with the A/D CTF system. /me calls for someone who is good with entities.

3. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not quite sure what your trying to do, so Ill tell you three ways to change the ctf hud off the top of my head

tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp entity will display where the flag is and the state of up to for team_control points on the map

With tf_gamerules you can set the HUD gamemode you wish to use.

With point_servercommand change the ammount of captures needed - could corrupt your map.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. vonDelson

vonDelson L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yes... you are THE MAN!

By placing a tf_gamerules entity and selecting CP HUD as the HUD type I was able to remove the HUD completely! Just what I needed!

Thank you SO much! :rolleyes: