Guild Wars 2

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Hmm I'm also going to be buying GW2, but I'm not sure yet wether I'll play with you guys or some of my IRL friends. There is no way to play with both I guess (unless everyone would be in 1 happy server)?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
After discussing with a few folks at University today, I've decided I'm going to go onto Sea of Sorrows with them. I can still join the TF2M guild, yay for cross server guilds...and guest to you guys! But I can play PvP in a local timezone.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
Some interesting statistics from one of the BwE.

commerce-infographic-EN.png

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Also, double post + friendly reminder. don't forget to keep updating your game client ever couple hours, just to make sure you're good-to-go for launch.

They are starting to turn servers on a few hours before the official launch, all servers will be up by 0:00 PST (3am EST).

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Since we haven't posted here in forever and since we talk to each other in game a lot, I'm just going to post here for those who haven't bought the game, or have and would like to join us.

Most of us (American and Euro's) are on the Crystal desert server. (So me, tech, muffin, erich, rikka, icarus, etc)
Aly + other Australians are on Sea of Sorrows
All of us though are in the same guild (

If you are playing PvE a lot and would like a guild that does dungeons every-once and a while, I'm part of a guild where they are pretty good about forming parties if one is needed. They also plan to expand to WvW sometime this week, so if you want to do PvP/WvW, then also contact me.

From what I can tell people are pretty happy, even with the bugs that are expected because of launch.

Hopefully see some more people around :D

Mar 20, 2012
Kind of a necro, but I've picked up the game a few days ago and wanted to give a shot. I have some friends that might join me, but I'd like to see some familiar faces. Is everyone who is still playing still on the Crystal server?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Most, if not all of us are playing on Sea of Sorrows. Luckily, guesting is finally coming in soon (end of Jan) which means your home server doesn't really matter!

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Pssst.

Hey guys, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECRO bump.

So, this game is on sale for 10 dollars right now. That is ALL you have to pay, to play this game. If you want it, or want to try it, now is your chance. It is the ultimate casual-mmo. You can get it here, just click the version you want and the discount will be applied.

Why is the game so cheap? Well, they just announced the games first expansion. It includes profession specializations, new region, new profession, new PvP mode (GvG from the original GW), New WvW map and much, much more. You can see the ridiculously good trailer and learn more about whats being added, here.

EDIT: THE SALE ONLY IS THROUGH THIS WEEKEND. SO MAKE YO' MIND UP. Let me know if you guys play. I'm on the North American Server Sea of Sorrows.