Grack

CP Grack b13

h3r1n6

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 7, 2009
I have that in my mind, wasn't an issue yet anyway.. More of a detailing issue, and I must not use different architecture, at least not in the playable areas.

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
b2:
-replaced stone arc with a sleeker wooden ramp
-new small heath+ammo pack on that wooden ramp
-small ammo in bottom lobby is now medium ammo, medium ammo at house removed
-started optimizing
-fixed an exploit allowing players to leave the map

Last edited:

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
b3:
-moved low ground to the left of last (defender pov) up a bit
-2nd caps a bit faster
-reverted respawn times back to normal, -3 seconds on capping 4th
-more details

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
b4:
-mainly just detailing, started using the construction theme a bit
-added gong sound after capturing a point
-fixed a bug with the windows on mid
-fixed a few visual bugs

Also made new screenshots

4a:
Forgot packing model textures, fml

Last edited:

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
b5:
-changed dimensions of house a bit
-added a small ammo on house at 2nd
-fixed a few bugs
-mainly detailing of last and lobbies

Jimmy Nicholls

L2: Junior Member
Feb 15, 2011
Be cool to see how this works out. I don't really play 6v6 because Multiplay pickups don't seem to run these days, but hopefully I'll be able to try this out when it's next tested.

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
We pugged your map tonight, version b4a though because I didn't see that you updated it since I downloaded it earlier this week. General opinion was that 2 was great, mid was a little more iffy but still enjoyable, and last was really hard to defend. Some people also thought last was rather bland visually compared to the rest of the map.

Stv from the pug: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21561105/New Map PUGS/20110225-2254-cp_grack_b4a.7z

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah, last got a visual update for b5 :), slowly detailing it more.

Thanks, will take a look at the stv later.

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
From your stv demo, I don't think last too hard to defend was an issue. You have to pay attention to that bottom entrance of course, but in that demo there were successful holds and pushes out of last. I also rather have a last point that is more like a last stand, where you might have the chance of recapping 2nd and getting back into the game, than a really turtleable and hard to break point like freight has and gullywash and obscure partially have.

Also:
b6:
-some changes to house in dimensions and geometry, making it less choky and more interesting
-made the stack of crates on 2nd climbable
-more detailing, more useage of construction theme

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, I kind of liked last and thought it might be pretty fast paced, but I didn't play in that pug, just idly spec'd it so I can't say for sure and I know that several people specifically said that last was too hard to defend. It also looked like once they started pushing last with kritz and Stalin started using buff banner, it was really effective and I don't think they failed a last point after that point or even lost a round.

Also, I don't think any team effectively pushed out of last, there were attempts but I'm not sure any one ever got to mid or even second off a last push and most of those attempts were in like the first couple rounds and in the first couple rounds, everyone is still trying to figure out the map so you can get away with some more stuff.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
mid is slightly confusing to attack for a 5CP push map. Especially with a full 12vs12 team setup. Players have to attack and defend 2 seperate locations at the middle in a particularly small space; low visibilty/limited lines of sight make this issue even worse on top of the fact that players cannot utilise the capture plate/CP hologram as visual indicators of the capture spaces.

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
As of the current testing, it works quite well in 6vs6 though, so don't expect much to change.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
You probably should try to make it more obvious that the two metal platforms are the capzones for mid, many rounds we had least 1 or 2 people running all the way to the second point because they had no idea where mid is, the fact the control point itself is hard to see inside the blocky building, unlike in bazillion, where you can see it is clearly inside the building, also capture zone sing on the platforms might help too.

I wasn't also fan of the long side route all the way to the last from route to the second point, a lot of times i or many others ninja capped last point because you could easily get to the last and hide under the platform without anyone noticing anything at all, maybe moving it bit so defenders could see it bit easier or maybe closing the route until cp2 is capped.

That is my 2 cents.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
You probably should try to make it more obvious that the two metal platforms are the capzones for mid, many rounds we had least 1 or 2 people running all the way to the second point because they had no idea where mid is,

I did that. Also, the bloom off the mid platforms was ridiculous, like standing on the surface of the sun.

Xanthor

L1: Registered
Jan 28, 2011
I liked this one a lot. My only complaints would be that
1) The last point felt too fast. The only time the point wasn't capped right after the 4th was when I had a sentry up and running early. I don't think the ninja capping was a result of the routes being open too early, but that the point could be capped in what felt like less than 2 seconds. I would either slow it down a little or maybe expand it so that it's easier for defenders to get on and block.

2) This one is really small, but I thought the mid point was too easy to defend by a single soldier on the middle building. The first one to get up there had a pretty big advantage. If you had a post or something (like the cupola in gravel pit B) in the middle of it, it would be harder for the defender to move from side to side and easier to kill him with stickies or splash damage.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Wasn't this the map that had 2 consecutive ninja caps, IE after capping mid, CP2 got ninja'd and then immediately after CP1 did.

With so many narrow/consealed paths it's hard to track player movement, both ally and enemy alike. This is probably what leads to the ninja captures. There were several times i found myself fighting at mid when the battle was between CP1 and 2.

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
b7:
-completely rebuilt the lobbies
-flanking path right of 2nd now only has 1 entrance into lobby
-improved player clipping
-detailing

Thanks, packed that texture.

I played with the thought of removing that side route, and the change I made was working towards that. But I like how it worked until now (for 6vs6). What I did now makes it more connected to 2nd, but the concepts are still pretty much the same.