Gift Abuse: The Gift That Keeps on Abusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2010
I never laughed and cried at the same time until i got into a tf2 viaduct server and an admin froze me when the gift spawned.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yyler, as far as i'm concerned you're just as bad as the pair of them. Only whilst any one of us can choose to ignore and/or dismiss anything they say, your sarcasm, passive aggression and general rudeness towards others around you continues to ruin the mood everywhere you go.

So what if they're opinionated on this topic, if you lash out you're only going to derail the thread and/or continue the very debate you don't want discussed.

Last edited:

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
What?

Posting facts is comparable to fight picking?

I'm going to side with yyler on this one, for the simple fact that he doesn't say his opinions are "fact"

I'm sure we can all agree that E.T. was the worst game ever, but that's still an opinion, I'm sure somebody enjoyed it.

Personally, I don't mind that TF2 has become about hats (virtual items). Even though everybody else does, I don't stage my opinion as a clear-cut fact.

Grazr: you've been just as guilty of this at times, remember you undying hatred of the BATT track?

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Everybody agreed the BATT track was pretty terrible, the reason why it was debated so excessively was over the idea on whether it was worth sacrificing consistency and confusion for a better track because some people had already gotten ahead of themselves and built a layout for the old track.

...And just like that debate i think everyone here can also unanimously agree that the art direction TF2 has gone over the years has been poor. But again, the arguement isn't about that, it's about whether it needs to still be discussed anymore. Some people insist on bringing it up whilst some don't wanna hear about it; but it doesn't matter. This is a public forum, people can state what opinions they want as long as it isn't aggressive/passive aggressive towards other members.

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I'm going to side with yyler on this one, for the simple fact that he doesn't say his opinions are "fact"

Huh?

Where am I posting opinions?

Surprise tf2 has turned into a game where people are obsessed about collecting virtual items, and people will behave without regard for the fun and feelings of others, if it means they get a better chance at getting items.

This has happened in every past update where it's been possible, and really shouldn't surprise anyone now.
This can be evidenced by this very thread, where people were cheating in an effort to unfairly acquire more Halloween items than others. This kind of behavior has also happened before, for instance in the WAR update where people cheated the system in an effort to secure the surprise final update item for their favourite class. It also happens on a regular basis where traders attempt to rip each other off, scam others, and so on in the hopes of gaining a profit in tf2's "economy".

I'd also just love to see you try to claim that the part about Wilson is also an opinion, especially since that's exactly what I quoted him doing, and how he's always reacted whenever I, and probably everyone else has brought up the issue of tf2's declining quality.

Last edited:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Let's not twist the facts here.

Ok, then besides you. Even Littleedge accepts the failings of his track design having attended many of impromptu contest tests and listened to the feedback of the track and maps. But that's getting off point.

Selentic and Trotim have been nothing but within the community rules since the last time either of them were banned (many moons ago), whilst Yyler has not been on the recieving end of authoritive action besides "friendly warning" after "friendly warning" and continues to stretch the tolerance levels of his peers. People may dislike Selentic and Trotim but Yyler is no angel himself, with his own fan-club of "haters" and pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable conduct much much further.

If someone's post bothers you then report it and let an admin deal with it but unless it shows malcontent against another member it's likely nothing will happen and you're just being sensitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.