func_hurt with new death animation?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Werewolf, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    So now that Valve have added the new death animation for the 'Righteous Bison' and 'Cow Mangler 5000', is there any way of using this death type with a trigger_hurt? I assume to use trigger_hurt as it would be the logical thing to use, but if there is any other way to achieve the same effect that would be cool.

I have a map with an exposed electric core, and I think it would look cool if any players who fell into it died with the new death animation!

EDIT: I mean trigger_hurt not func_hurt! Got the name a little wrong but NVM

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  2. Prop

Prop L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    That would be awesome! Awsome like hell! But is it possible? Maybe check the func_hurt properties. Should be there!

3. Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    I already looked at it as I currently have my existing func_hurt set to cause players to gib, but no luck.

4. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Well there's no such thing as func_hurt so you may have some trouble there...

(Try looking at trigger_hurt)

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Errrr. Try Trigger_hurt properties.

6. Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Quite right, it is a trigger_hurt not a func_hurt! But you understand what I meant and what I'm trying to do, any ideas?

7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know if the new kill is part of the trigger_hurt family of hurts. You could try SHOCK but thats really the only one I can think of.

8. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree, maybe there's a chance that the new death animation was an update to the original shock animation from hl2.

9. Godslayer57

Godslayer57 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    If in doubt just create an entire map full of the different properties of the trigger_hurt and keep testing

10. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I'm doing that now but Steam has a bitch fit and deleted my TF2 for some reason.

11. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Gimme a bit and I can do this. I'm pretty sure I still have a visgroup full of trigger hurts with every possible damage value (including the ones left out of the FGD properties) in my testmap, from back when I was checking them all.

edit: nope, trigger hurt won't do it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  12. Tehrasha

Tehrasha L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If it isnt SHOCK, try FREEZE. (or at least I thought that was the trigger for HL2 zortching)

13. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    It isn't. I tested all 31 possible damage values from 0 to 1073741824 (32 bit integer is used) and none of them did it.

14. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like it's time to email Valve with another feature request.