Frontline content pack error! HELP!

Snus Fika

L1: Registered
Aug 29, 2016
Help a brother out!

So, a couple of days ago i found out about the frontline content pack and got eager to try it out. I am quite new to adding custom content to Hammer, so i simply dropped the file into the tf2 game files.

When i start hammer everything is working like it's supposed to do. All the new custom textures and models are working fine.

..Though, in-game..

The models show as huge errors. I don't understand. The textures are fine, but every single Frontline model becomes an error.
HOW do I fix this, and WHY is this happening!?

------------------------------------------

Snus Fika

Aug 29, 2016
You need to pack your custom content, anytime you use custom content from a pack, or from another source, that isnt in the default game files, like frontline, you need to pack them.

https://tf2maps.net/threads/vide-a-how-to.21661/

------------------------

Thank you thank you! Just wondering, will my gamefiles be damaged if I place the packed content, while the unpacked content is still present? Or do i have to delete the unwanted files?

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
------------------------

Thank you thank you! Just wondering, will my gamefiles be damaged if I place the packed content, while the unpacked content is still present? Or do i have to delete the unwanted files?
When adding any custom content to a map
(Textures, props, etc) i would recommend writing it down.
If not packing using vide, compile pal, etc will take hours.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Hold up folks. If the content shows up in Hammer but not in TF2 on his own pc it has nothing to do with the map not being packed. That's only a concern for people who don't have anything Frontline related.

For keeping-things-easy-sake, install the Frontline pack in their respective tf/ folders, not in tf/custom. Are you sure the Frontline models are in tf/models, and not anywhere else?

When adding any custom content to a map
(Textures, props, etc) i would recommend writing it down.
If not packing using vide, compile pal, etc will take hours.
VIDE should be avoided now, it's crap at detecting custom content outside of the tf/materials or tf/models file structure (and you have to manually let it search for tf/custom and even then it still won't pack everything). CompilePal doesn't care where you located your custom content. If they show up in Hammer, they show up for CompilePal. It's automatic as well. Just let it scan tf/ , and it'll find it all. And it won't take hours. If you manually add every piece of custom content, yes. But with automated packing it'll literary take less than 10 seconds.

Snus Fika

Aug 29, 2016
Hold up folks. If the content shows up in Hammer but not in TF2 on his own pc it has nothing to do with the map not being packed. That's only a concern for people who don't have anything Frontline related.

For keeping-things-easy-sake, install the Frontline pack in their respective tf/ folders, not in tf/custom. Are you sure the Frontline models are in tf/models, and not anywhere else?

That might explain the errors, i have not placed the models in their respective place. I hope you know the heavy role you played in this situation. Thank you so much.