Freeman

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Remember jarate?
"oh, don't worry it's just an april fo- *bam*"
I remembered that, I still feel like I need to give people an "I F[ :( ]ING TOLD YOU SO" every time I re-equip jarate and splash someone with it. Also, Remember that guy who promised us random steam games if there wasn't a boomerang in the next update?

Apr 19, 2009
Originally slated for release sometime before Christmas 2010, Valve and Aperture Laboratories LLC have decided to push the release back into 2011, because "making games is hard." No, really.

The news comes in the form of a press release titled, "VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD." That seems fair enough. I mean, I can't do it, and I've tried really, really hard.

According to Aperture, the delay comes after an exhaustive ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process, indicating the follow-up to the "ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date" would not be ready in time.

Worry not, Portal fans. The combined companies assure us that the delay is safe, that "all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time," and that this will make the game even better, "missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse."

This is also not the Portal 2-themed surprise planned for E3 2010. Just a regular old surprise.
http://kotaku.com/5559281/portal-2-delayed-to-2011-but-valve-has-a-good-reason

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
You should read the whole press release. It's awesome.

Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
I'm no good in Photoshop, but I've made this:
duke.png

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I'm no good in Photoshop, but I've made this:
[photoshop of duke nukem forever][/QUOTE]

Does that gun have a crowbar on it? I think we just topped gears of war...
Anyway, remember that the suprise IS still coming, I bet it'll be some kind of brand new shooter, developed underground. Think about it, valve hasn't been doing much else...

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
A new Valve IP? They have been talking about doing MMOs or Wii stuff in some of their recent things... But PC ain't Wii...