Freeman

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Source Engine 2010 with massive performance increases, with any luck.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
110753349.png

I'm kinda disappointed in valve. When they finally do release episode 3, it will have to contain the following, just to break even:
Destructable terrain
Open-world mmo
8 player coop
Available on the iphone
A toaster
AI advanced enough to give be a stand-in therapist
12 free copies included
A new form of interface which reads your brain-waves so that you can psychically control the advisors (oh, did I mention they'd be playable?)

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
You also forgot buyable hats for real currency. Ban for hl2_wearable_item, also some idle servers and some achievement farming servers, third party bots that will automate gameplay of killing combines, which will have protection so you need to pay to use them and risk of VAC ban, but who cares, you need to kill 9000 combines to get some kind of crowbar +20% damage - 5% running speed.

Also, several endings and announce of HL2: Episode 4: Chapter 1: Level: 1, which "after nineteen years of development hopefully will be worth a wait".

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the lack of dedicated servers. Except for mmo.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
This is Valve. They're about 5 years behind everybody else technologically. :X

Are they? There's hardly any difference in Left 4 Dead 2's visual quality compared with other games, at least from my perspective, and you can run their games on lower end systems much more easily than other newer games. Maybe being technologically behind isn't the worst thing.

Radishes

L1: Registered
May 3, 2009
Are they? There's hardly any difference in Left 4 Dead 2's visual quality compared with other games, at least from my perspective, and you can run their games on lower end systems much more easily than other newer games. Maybe being technologically behind isn't the worst thing.

He's got a point. Besides, they're light-years ahead of everyone else in terms of awesome (their coolojoules are through the roof) and they're pretty much the most lovable developer around, agreed?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
even if they are 5 years behind, they still make money from other developers.
valve's tha pimp round here. gotta respect the pimp

Eh, I can only think of 2 games that were developed by third-parties using Source. :\

Jan 20, 2010
Who know's what it is. I've stopped even trying to speculate and I'm just gonna wait the nine days.

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Now you told us all, and they're gonna find out that we know and say we can't have it anymore because it's no longer a surprise. :O