f4a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2010
I judge Flame from one incident in my time on this site. Is that unfair? Maybe, I dunno. But it left an amazingly bad taste in my mouth and I'm unsure I can forgive him for it.

I had released my second map, which I am AWARE wasn't good. Hell, at the time I knew it wasn't as well, but it was getting tested. I wanted feedback so I, nervously, entered it into gameday.

The day comes, my map is loaded and two seconds in Flame starts calling it the worst thing he's ever seen. Pretty much nothing constructive in anyway. Is "This is terrible, scrap it" constructive? I'm unsure. My second map certainly wasn't fantastic, or good, or any other measure of the word but I didn't have it tested in order to have some... (excuse me) douche ruin the whole playtest and cause Booj (even if Booj denies it) to change the map for whatever reason.

Hell, I even remember after this SuperSandvich messaging me and telling me he liked my map and commiserate over how Flame had ruined the playtest. Seeing him here, now, defending him is odd to me. But people change, and even Flame could.

Still, going over this thread. I still believe Flame is a similar person to the one that played my map that day. And as such, he should not be a mod.

I would like to mention that this incident almost made me quit and give up on mapping if I had to deal with people like Flame. I'm not sure if that is what this site is intended for.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I judge Flame from one incident in my time on this site. Is that unfair? Maybe, I dunno. But it left an amazingly bad taste in my mouth and I'm unsure I can forgive him for it.

I had released my second map, which I am AWARE wasn't good. Hell, at the time I knew it wasn't as well, but it was getting tested. I wanted feedback so I, nervously, entered it into gameday.

The day comes, my map is loaded and two seconds in Flame starts calling it the worst thing he's ever seen. Pretty much nothing constructive in anyway. Is "This is terrible, scrap it" constructive? I'm unsure. My second map certainly wasn't fantastic, or good, or any other measure of the word but I didn't have it tested in order to have some... (excuse me) douche ruin the whole playtest and cause Booj (even if Booj denies it) to change the map for whatever reason.

Hell, I even remember after this SuperSandvich messaging me and telling me he liked my map and commiserate over how Flame had ruined the playtest. Seeing him here, now, defending him is odd to me. But people change, and even Flame could.

Still, going over this thread. I still believe Flame is a similar person to the one that played my map that day. And as such, he should not be a mod.

I would like to mention that this incident almost made me quit and give up on mapping if I had to deal with people like Flame. I'm not sure if that is what this site is intended for.

I remember multiple moments like this, all across different maps and different versions. Some well into beta. But a few minutes in, its judgment day and we have to abide to the man with the largest, impenetrable ego.

When I think of Administrators and Moderators, I'd like to not think of a sarcastic man who would rather infuriate other members than resolve a problem.

I'd like brains over brawn, please.

Jan 20, 2010
I remember multiple moments like this, all across different maps and different versions. Some well into beta. But a few minutes in, its judgment day and we have to abide to the man with the largest, impenetrable ego.

When I think of Administrators and Moderators, I'd like to not think of a sarcastic man who would rather infuriate other members than resolve a problem.

I'd like brains over brawn, please.

I think I should also mention that Super coming in after Flame had butchered and manhandled my confidence helped me move on and make my next map better. Much more than Flame did.

Flame did help me once with Rum. It was useful. But it's still hard to forget what he did in the first place. If it wasn't for Super, I likely wouldn't've been making that map for Flame to (actually) critique.

It is super odd for me to see Super here defending Flame, especially after that. But, as I said, people change. Even in a short time.

I guess that's really all I have to say. Flame can be useful. But he's also often destructive. He's fine as a member of the forums, at times, but he should not be anywhere close to a position of power. There's other people who have earned it much more than he has.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
I had a similar experience during my first gameday. I still have the demo, although the engine has changed, and I can no longer watch it.

However, I do remember someone saying something regarding "worst map ever played" and "the maker of this should be shot". I am not saying it was Flame, but from what Lemines says, the comments were very similar to what he experienced.

I think there are two factions on these forums: The flame lovers, and the haters and thats fine. However, I think the best course of action would be to agree to disagree.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
uhh laughing man your a2 got rejected from a gameday by booj shortly after for being unplayable and nowhere remotely close to a finished alpha.

and lol at the "mapper should be shot"

Jan 20, 2010
uhh laughing man your a2 got rejected from a gameday by booj shortly after for being unplayable and nowhere remotely close to a finished alpha.

Unplayable? Okay.

It was more or less me not understanding all the basics of how a map is crafted at the time, not that it was unfinished.

But that is beside the point. Your actions and attitude at the time were still entirely unneeded and over the top.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
it was unfinished. the map did not use snap-to-grid, lacked clipping, and had various holes/random brushes jutting out, let alone the fact the map was underscaled in terms of room size.

the map was by no means up to par for a gameday test and 90% of the errors were clearly visible from any one persons perspective. no need for 24 people to test at all.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008

You're denying the issue at hand again, which is your attitude. Is it really too much to ask for some decency?

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
rexy go to bed, f5ing the thread wont help you sleep tonight.

It doesn't work flame. You can't make angry, and you can't make me quit. I'm up working on model projects. I want some resolution. Why can't you be a little more polite? It's not hard. You could really make a difference.

Jan 20, 2010
it was unfinished. the map did not use snap-to-grid, lacked clipping, and had various holes/random brushes jutting out, let alone the fact the map was underscaled in terms of room size.

the map was by no means up to par for a gameday test and 90% of the errors were clearly visible from any one persons perspective. no need for 24 people to test at all.

Okay, flame. But that's still missing the point. You can harp on about how horrible the map was, which I never denied, but your attitude is still not something you can defend.

rexy go to bed, f5ing the thread wont help you sleep tonight.

Comments like this are exactly why you should not be a mod.

And again, I'm not sure why YOU think you deserve it. There are plenty of people out there that should get Mod eons before you do. The fact that you made this thread just further proves the point.

Why do you insist on conversing about this publicly? You know very well that there's only one person who can make this decision, and that's DrP and he seems to have already made a decision against you.

So yeah, let's all go to bed. And Flame, stop trying to become king of TF2M or something. I'm unsure why you can't just be resigned to being a forum member and helping anyway.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I'd say you need a high school guidance counselor. Why all the hostility? You can't try to show more respect?

Jan 20, 2010
why would i want to defend my attitude is the question.

rexy thinks hes like my high school guidance counselor.

Because if you're going to continue acting like that... and like this you have absolutely no business ever being a mod in any form. And if you think otherwise, than you further prove my point.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Flame, just stop ... well... flaming anyone that isn't your bestest of friends.

If political history teaches anything, its that attacking your possible voters won't get you elected.

Jan 20, 2010
Flame, just stop ... well... flaming anyone that isn't your bestest of friends.

If political history teaches anything, its that attacking your possible voters won't get you elected.

I doubt he cares. We're critical of his arrogant, cocky, insulting attitude and he doesn't like it. So he's going to be all three of those things to us and more so.

didnt know arrogance was looked down upon. l2adapt

And thus we find the root of the problem.

Edit:
FlameThanks.png

You found my post useful? So does that mean you're going to stop being arrogant, cocky, and insulting? That'd be great. That'd be an improvement.

Last edited:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
flame.harm: me laughing man and rexy are goin strong on page 15 atm
flame.harm: didnt know laughing man realiased
flame.harm: or that void was still going to chime in and hop on rexys dick
void: I'm not
void: My opinion is mine and just happens to be that of multiple others
flame.harm: ok your multiple others is like 3 people
flame.harm: rexy grazr and laughing man
void: ugh
void: theres a thread for this
flame.harm: 3 members who dont do anything but post on the forums
void: keep it there or shut up
flame.harm: go back to sdk
flame.harm: thanks
void: go back to the gym
void: thanks
flame.harm: offended. dont you have a lonely hearts meeting to attend to
void: ugh
void: fuck you
flame.harm: OMG NINE DID YOU TALK TO THAT GIRL YET
flame.harm: CUZ U CANT BE IN OUR CLUB IF YOU DID
void: shut up
flame.harm: 8)
centaursTesticle: don't be a jerk

I think we can agree with Derp (centaursTesticle) there.

Edit:

Oh and yeah, Flame, the chat can always swing back to the website. So don't think the rules don't apply there too. I think your attitude/bullying towards anyone who opposes you slightly proves you simply aren't fit for power.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
nine: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9412&page=55
flame.harm: 55 pages huh
flame.harm: me laughing man and rexy are goin strong on page 15 atm
flame.harm: didnt know laughing man realiased
flame.harm: or that void was still going to chime in and hop on rexys dick
Void: I'm not
Void: My opinion is mine and just happens to be that of multiple others
flame.harm: ok your multiple others is like 3 people
flame.harm: rexy grazr and laughing man
Void: ugh
Void: theres a thread for this
flame.harm: 3 members who dont do anything but post on the forums
Void: keep it there or shut up
flame.harm: go back to sdk
flame.harm: thanks
Void: go back to the gym
Void: thanks
flame.harm: offended. dont you have a lonely hearts meeting to attend to
Void: ugh
Void: fuck you
flame.harm: OMG NINE DID YOU TALK TO THAT GIRL YET
flame.harm: CUZ U CANT BE IN OUR CLUB IF YOU DID
Void: shut up
flame.harm: 8)
centaursTesticle: don't be a jerk
DaBeatzProject entered chat.
nine: OH MY GAWD FLAEM PICKED ON ME
nine: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
nine: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
nine: WAAAAAAAAAA
flame.harm: nine4admin
flame.harm: ohwait

you left out the fun parts

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
This issue has by far reached no resolution and my attempts to discuss it has really gone nowhere. The last 10 pages have been minor retorts in which you have failed to address the situation being posed to you and instead reply with rhetorical questions and smart remarks.

This won't end here, and someone else will post something in another thread and get the ball rolling all over again. Is that really what you want? I'll keep it going as long as you continue to behave this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.