Detail Mini-Contest 2014

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I probably won't get around to touching up my map for a while since it's pretty low on my priorities list. I don't want to make you wait, though, so I would prefer if you left mine out of the pack.

Sweepertank

L2: Junior Member
Oct 4, 2014
So, a lot of people have been asking to download these maps, so I'm asking for those who have submitted if I can have their permission to repost their maps as apart of an "sfm map pack" of the sorts (With the HDR'd versions) hopefully it'll gain traction and stuff. Credit will still be yours and all that as your maps are kinda named after each of you.

That's fine by me.

PlipPlop

L2: Junior Member
Nov 18, 2009
So, a lot of people have been asking to download these maps, so I'm asking for those who have submitted if I can have their permission to repost their maps as apart of an "sfm map pack" of the sorts (With the HDR'd versions) hopefully it'll gain traction and stuff. Credit will still be yours and all that as your maps are kinda named after each of you.

Killo, if you have a new version, i'd love to have that in it, but I understand if you'd just want your current version, or none at all since it's your own thing.

Perfectly fine by me. I would also like to touch up my map some more too since a lot of things that I wanted to do with it didn't make the cut.

Also, fantastic job with the video Fantasmos, and to everyone who joined in on the contest. I was secretly hoping Theof's entry was going to win, I really loved the way it looked. It reminded me a lot of the movie 'The Thing'.

Apr 14, 2013
It's ok by me if you upload it (I don't care as long as I'm credited, as I don't even use sfm so I can't upload myself) but I'll ask you again, if you don't mind:
As far as I remember you recompiled my map w/ proper packing and HDR (thanks a lot, by the way), and the decompilation might caused a few issues. Did everyone that entered my map saw the huge skybox crane prop or is it just the SFM render? In my computer (original ldr compile, improperly packed) it shows up just fine, in it's 1/16 size (prop_dynamic set to 1/16 scale).

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
It's ok by me if you upload it (I don't care as long as I'm credited, as I don't even use sfm so I can't upload myself) but I'll ask you again, if you don't mind:
As far as I remember you recompiled my map w/ proper packing and HDR (thanks a lot, by the way), and the decompilation might caused a few issues. Did everyone that entered my map saw the huge skybox crane prop or is it just the SFM render? In my computer (original ldr compile, improperly packed) it shows up just fine, in it's 1/16 size (prop_dynamic set to 1/16 scale).

I think I saw it in sfm, then hid it. I never decompiled the maps btw, you can just drag and drop into vrad.exe to add hdr

Also thank you for all who have given permission so far! Expect big things soon.