damage filter problem

rarityF

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2023
im working on a market gardening based arena and im looking to disable shotgun damage so i use a filer_damage_type entity to disallow bullets damage and im using a trigger to activate this filter however in game when disallowing bullet damage bullets still do damage the really odd part i then allowed in part of testing for the issue and when bullet are the only thing that can do damage they dont do damage and nothing else does im god smacked confused on this
i followed the activator steps in the output on the trigger OnStartTouch but i dont know how when blocking out bullet damage it just doesnt and only allowing bullet damage disables all forms of damage

Last edited:

rarityF

Sep 14, 2023
try switcghing it from allowing only that to allowing everything but
thats where the problem is with only that it does nothing bullets still work as normal with allowing everything but it disables bullets (desired result) and everything else making rocket jumping impossible because it will not do any damage to self

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Hi,
You're able to do this with a different method, that being to utilise trigger_add_or_remove_tf_player_attributes to add the "SET BONUS: dmg taken from bullets increased" attribute with a value of 0.

I've attached a prefab VMF which I built to demonstrate this.
If you compile this VMF, you can see that while a player is standing on the orange platform, they're completely immune to bullet damage.

If you're still getting issues after implementing this, it may be due to spawning players inside the trigger, which has been known to sometimes pretend that the player never touched the trigger.

Attachments

• prefab_nobulletdamage.vmf
    25.1 KB · Views: 30

rarityF

Sep 14, 2023
so the main problem was a func_regenerate trigger i used for global regen while this was active all damage filters were broken by this it seems so now looking into a alternative to where i can have ammo regen while having working damage filters