CTF CTF_Hydro Somewhat like hell

Ever wanted to play the most unbalanced map in the most stalematey gamemode? Now you can!

1. savvaisnotagirlolbbq

savvaisnotagirlolbbq L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    CTF_Hydro - Ever wanted to play the most unbalanced map in the most stalematey map? Now you can!

This is a redesign of the map tc_hydro, where all corridors are open, the capture points are removed and instead there are intelligence on the far side of the map.

I made this in a day, expect many bugs, such as lighting issues and horrible optimization.

Have Fun!

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    I actually wanted to make something similar to this a few months ago, only with the most of the areas between Red Last and Blue Last either reduced or removed entirety.

I didn't get very far. Partially because I was rebuilding the map from scratch (so it'd be easier to edit/balance), but also because I'm lazy.

3. savvaisnotagirlolbbq

Positive Ratings:
    Jesus, from scratch? You might as well had made a new map :p

Im glad someone thought of this, I was trying to find this map myself but nobody made it, so I did

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ghostboy1225

ghostboy1225 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    heh nice i am working on 5CP/domination version of hydro i was planning on fixing it up and releasing it within the next few days too funny how these coincidences work

5. ghostboy1225

ghostboy1225 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    here is my thoughts why remove all the doors to spawns? why not make them open for anyone who enter the trigger volume? also theres a spawn door at the in the dam respawn that is shut and wont open

6. Jasper The Blank

Jasper The Blank L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    At least it's not cp_junction

7. Jack5

Jack5 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Say that the zones in hydro are as follows: far ends of the map are A and F, areas close to A are B and C, and areas close to F are D and E. Perhaps this would work better if one team spawns at A, there are two enemy intelligences, one in B and one in C, and the capture zone is in F. The other team, thus, would spawn in F, pick up intel at D and E, and have to take it to A. That might solve the stalemate crisis.

8. savvaisnotagirlolbbq

Positive Ratings:
    Using a much better version of a vmf that I will not share due to copyright restrictions, this version of CTF_Hydro is much, much better, with fixed proper lighting, non-buggy entities and stable optimizations.

Hopefully this version will actually make people not puke and play for more than 10 minutes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1