Corrode

PL Corrode RC2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

RagnarHomsar

L2: Junior Member
Aug 22, 2010
At the end after the rush the cart was pushed to the end and the bomb fell off and randomly landed on the roof of the spawn. Or am I just halusinating that?
No, you were not hallucinating that, the cart just sort of anti-climactically falls onto a roof that's maybe a few feet below where the cart was pushed off at the end.

Jan 20, 2010
It does fall on the spawn, yes. It is eventually going to cause that whole building to blow up.

What, you expecting a fancy explosion animation in the first alpha?

RagnarHomsar

Aug 22, 2010
It does fall on the spawn, yes. It is eventually going to cause that whole building to blow up.

What, you expecting a fancy explosion animation in the first alpha?
No I was not, but without knowing it was eventually going to blow the whole building up it just looked really weird and lazy.

honorum646

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 9, 2009
No I was not, but without knowing it was eventually going to blow the whole building up it just looked really weird and lazy.

I don't think what the bomb does when the round ends really matters at all. It's a visual thing at best and dwelling on this subject is killing the thread. Please consider the fact that this is a first alpha and the bomb is pretty much the least important detail right now.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I think you should descale it a bit, and make it multiple stages... you said that it took place in 4 locations, might as well combine 2 and use the 3 you know have to make it multi-stage.

Honestly, I did find it kinda fun, took a little while to get use to... but fun.

**Yes, I was a sniper, Yes there was sightlines, thus, yes, I would have fun....)***

Sel_Bloc_57

L1: Registered
Aug 12, 2010
I like your map!
I just downloaded it and ran through it quickly and I agree with what has been said about the long sight lines. Maybe throw in a few more wall bends or some obstacles just so you don't have to redo most of the map. Other then that, here's a quick list of stuff I noticed to help you make it better (or to ignore, lol)
-I liked the "progression" from the outdoors area that was the Blu side to the Red acid pit. Well done!
-This map looks very difficult for Blu to win. I noticed that they are almost always much closer to a Red spawn than their own and almost always in a compromised position, whether it be entering a long hallway that Red has had time to set up on or whether it is being lower than Red without any way to get up to their level.
-The first Red hallway's far end (the payload entrance) is very dark
-In the maze of stairs that run alongside the track (roughly from Blu's 2nd spawn position on down to the bottom) there are areas under stairs that are very dark. Also, the sheer number of stairs is a little much. Maybe one long stair or maybe shorten up the vertical distance.
-Acid rocks. Well done.
Really small things: I thought I saw the cart separate from the track when it was going down the massive decline after the first or second point. Also, the skybox boundary was visible over the gray wall in the Blu area. Finally, the rock displacements in Blu are very awkward when you jump higher then them and look down and see a lot of open nothingness. I understand it's an alpha build but thought I'd say something anyway.

Overall great start! Some serious changes are needed for the sniping lanes, but other then that this looks like it has serious promise.

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks very much Sel_Bloc, I'll be sure to change as much of that as I can. :)

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
This seems promising. Reminds of Min(...) woops I did it again.

Jan 20, 2010
Back by popular demand!

CorrodeLogo.png

Version: A2

CorrodePromo.png

Link to Screenshots
Corrode Changelog
Link to Map Download (BZ2)

CHANGES:

20110211-pl_corrode_a20000.jpg

Condensed blue's first spawn.
Moved the third exit from blue spawn.
Made it impossible to shoot between the silos next to CP1.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20002.jpg

Added some rocks and lowered the area left of CP1.
Made the entrance to the main building wider.
Moved the stairs to the flanking path to inside the building.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20004.jpg

Opened up the area around CP2 by removing a wall.
Moved and added exits from Red's forward spawn.
Added an upper walkway above CP2.
Added a platform near CP2.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20009.jpg

Added a container before CP3 to reduce a sniping line.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20011.jpg

Made the glass below and around CP3 opaque.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20017.jpg

Moved Red's CP3/4 spawn up.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20016.jpg

Added small building with full health pack near CP4.

20110211-pl_corrode_a20015.jpg

Moved CP4 to fall into the pit.
Widened the track path around the pit.

Moved/Removed some health and ammo packs.

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I like where this is going.

The map, that is. Not the payload.

I mean, I like where the payload is going too. But I like how the map looks, y'know? I mean... it... uh...

And this is why I don't have a girlfriend.

Jimmy Nicholls

Feb 15, 2011
Looks interesting. I don't really favour the single stage format that Badwater took, but that doesn't mean this won't be fun to play. I can see it's a rough sketch so I don't feel these much critique I can give because most of my points you probably plan to sort out anyway. But keep going with it because you've obviously done a ton of work already ;)

Jan 20, 2010
I like where this is going.

The map, that is. Not the payload.

I mean, I like where the payload is going too. But I like how the map looks, y'know? I mean... it... uh...

And this is why I don't have a girlfriend.

This means a lot coming from you, void. Thanks :)

And thanks to the rest of you as well, of course.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Besides what I said during the test today--

The curve around the radioactive tank sucks; it's easily spammable and maybe too long, I don't know. If there was a path like 1/3 the way up that I could use to get on/off or something, or just a little cubby, that'd help. The space around the tank was also too huge.

Also I got stuck between the cart and this displacement, as seen in this killcam
djKUz.jpg

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, I'm going to be rethinking CP4 a lot very soon. I want to keep the general aesthetic, but it does need some work. I think my main problem is that I stuck very closely to my drawn out plans instead of going with my gut when I was making it.

Anyway, thanks for the input, I'm going to be posting A2a today as to fix some nagging issues with A2 and then A3 should be out in a week or so.

Jan 20, 2010
CorrodeLogo.png

Version: A2a

Corrode Changelog
Link to Map Download (BZ2)

CHANGES:

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0000.jpg

Added a barrier in front of blue spawn.

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0001.jpg

Split the front entrance after CP1.

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0007.jpg

Move the stairs after CP1 forward a bit.

Modified how Red's forward spawn functions.

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0002.jpg

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0005.jpg

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0006.jpg

Added a hallway between CP2 and CP3.
Added some setup doors between CP2 and CP3. Some open when CP1 is taken, others open when CP2 is taken.

20110216-pl_corrode_a2a0004.jpg

Added some higher ground to CP3.
Modified the stairs by CP3 to be less confined.
Added an additional door between CP3 and CP4 that opens when CP3 is taken. Allows attackers easier access to mid ground.

Moved how the cart moves up the spiral so it's more towards the center.
Made the ramp up to the final CP wider to not allow the defenders easy access to it.
Added a resupply cabinet to Red's back spawn.

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008

I swear to god I thought that said B2. I flipped my shit. I ran out on the streets, trying to bring myself back together. Some good samaritan asked me what was wrong, I told him he wasn't real and I punched him square between eyes.

Right between the fucking eyes.

Some chick sippin' on coffee across the street called the cops on me for whatever reason. I told her to shut the fuck up, then I drank the rest of her coffee right in front of her.

The cops arrived and tried to calm me down. I told them I was dreaming, they weren't real, Corrode went to B2 - they were not real. One of the pigs threw some tear gas at me. I picked it up and sucked all the tears out of it, then crushed the canister they were in.

Then the cops shot me. Fucking pigs. One of them got me in the arm. Then another shot - to the head. Then I realized, this wasn't a dream... just a misunderstanding. Corrode didn't go into its second beta... that was just the download for the BZ2 file. But it was too late. I was now full of bullets, and died on the scene.

And that, kids, is why you should all learn to read. Stay in school!