cp_copperhead_a110001.jpg

cp_copperhead_a110002.jpg

cp_copperhead_a110003.jpg

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
No complaints. Solid gameplay, exactly what a CP map should provide, Plus RED won once, so bonus points for you.

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Sigh. I don't know what you should do, but I'm certain the changes you made haven't really helped.

To be honest, I liked 1-2 the way it was. It needed work, but it could have done pretty well the way it way. Right now 1-2 feels like an out of place section of buildings in what should be a mostly nature area of the map (I can see it turning industrial on stage 3, eh?).

If you reverted back to the old 1-2, you could move the CP up on to the middle height and make the lowest path a flank. I really did love the flavour of the old 1-2. The best part for me was always the junction below 1-1 of the two doorways at a 90 degree angle and the constant battle of flanks for a team stuck trying to push there. Those buildings now see NO use because they're so close to 1-1 and there's an incredibly easy to defend (READ: SPAM) CP much closer to spawn. It feels like wasted space now.

As for the 2nd stage, I think it's only improving. My only complaint right now is the spawn times issue, which I believe you're correcting.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Sigh. I don't know what you should do, but I'm certain the changes you made haven't really helped.

To be honest, I liked 1-2 the way it was. It needed work, but it could have done pretty well the way it way. Right now 1-2 feels like an out of place section of buildings in what should be a mostly nature area of the map (I can see it turning industrial on stage 3, eh?).

If you reverted back to the old 1-2, you could move the CP up on to the middle height and make the lowest path a flank. I really did love the flavour of the old 1-2. The best part for me was always the junction below 1-1 of the two doorways at a 90 degree angle and the constant battle of flanks for a team stuck trying to push there. Those buildings now see NO use because they're so close to 1-1 and there's an incredibly easy to defend (READ: SPAM) CP much closer to spawn. It feels like wasted space now.

As for the 2nd stage, I think it's only improving. My only complaint right now is the spawn times issue, which I believe you're correcting.

I see what you mean but this map was planned to be mostly industrial. I like the new 1-2 better so it's staying >:D

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Night Testing Feedback:

Came late so only got to play 1 round on the third stage. But from what i saw the walk to final for blu was very long. Maybe a shortcut side route that opened after the first point is capped would be nice, or shorter re spawns. But they are already pretty short, it just seems red can push blu back alot since they have to talk so far.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Night Testing Feedback:

Came late so only got to play 1 round on the third stage. But from what i saw the walk to final for blu was very long. Maybe a shortcut side route that opened after the first point is capped would be nice, or shorter re spawns. But they are already pretty short, it just seems red can push blu back alot since they have to talk so far.

yeah...this was the first time I played the last round without being an engie, 5mins in I basically said screw it and went engie so we could get there faster <_<

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
i think im gonna redo stage 3 except the final point

That sounds good actually, the routes after the first point are a little confusing lots of random stairs it seems.

Without our engi we wouldnt have even come close to final.