Contest #4 showcase video!

Bad Vlad

L2: Junior Member
May 23, 2010
Shmitz, schmitz... You don't have these issues in Russian (POCCKNN), where every phoneme is a letter ;)

The showcase video is far from perfect, but it gets the job done.

Nov 14, 2009
Gah! There are no good songs, that fit this video! I have just spend about 2 hours looking through jazz, folk, and electronic songs. Free and non-free. I have found nothing.

I would love some suggestions.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Excuse me?

I'm not entirely sure TF2maps would endorse a video that used a song about marijuana. Even if it was informal, and a good song.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Gah! There are no good songs, that fit this video! I have just spend about 2 hours looking through jazz, folk, and electronic songs. Free and non-free. I have found nothing.

I would love some suggestions.

For TF2-ish songs that seem to fit many videos, look through the Baccano!!, The Incredibles, Dirty Harry (and sequels), Star Trek (2009), and Cowboy Bebop soundtracks (by the Seatbelts). There's always fitting songs in these.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I'm glad at least one person is capable of properly reading the name that has appeared on these forums at least 1,263 times. :p

It's not like it's that hard to double check either.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I'm not entirely sure TF2maps would endorse a video that used a song about marijuana. Even if it was informal, and a good song.

Remember kids tf2m says drugs are bad.

You're kidding right.

Nov 14, 2009
...how about I just scrawl the words DRUGS over the entire thing, and let it play. Anyways, I changed the music, and fixed the areaportal glitches. Sorry to Jimmy and Shmitz about the fact that I forgot a transition between your maps, but its actually pretty hard to notice if you havent watched it a bajillion times like me. Il put it on SPUF when its done processing, but as you can see, the quality is awful right now. It will get better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8rxTogDw1M

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
I still don't like it. You clipped through everything and probably gave me motion sickness.

Nov 14, 2009
I still don't like it...gave me motion sickness.

If you don't like it, then thats what you deserve :p:p:p:p

Anyways, I tried to avoid clipping. The demo smoother offers no option for 'nonclipping' and they forgot to hook up the "undo" button. In case you didnt know, it works by splines, which are inherently hard to predict where they will go. The only solution to it is adding a ridiculously large amount of keyframes, which isnt possible in a limited time.

Sorry you didnt like it. What else could I improve on next time?

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Don't make a whole flythrough. Isolate landmarks and show those, then cut them all together. For example, in Overlook, a shot that goes under and over the bridge and a short rotational pan of the intel room.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Well, I first joined this community because of the amazing video made my JackRiguel for the last contest, so I was appauled to hear that there was going to be none for this one.

Thanks :). I had begun work on one for this contest when I read the amount of controversy people were having with simply identifying maps with screenshots. Also I was traveling to Africa, which pushed my TF2 usage down pretty low.

I would strongly suggest, you sit in spectator rather then in-game. That would save you the temptation from crouching or rocketjumping or shooting as you run around recording the demo. Keep in mind that your camera will follow the keyframe, wherever you put it. The more keyframes you place, the more control you have over the camera. Make sure you watch the time elapsed between keyframes as well or else you'll speed through too quickly.