Congressman assaults student on sidewalk

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
well thats bs. if someone walks up to you and starts asking you questions out of nowhere for no reason, you dont grab them and shake them...

But if you're a government official and don't want to be filmed and you ask the people something and they refuse to comply...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
well thats bs. if someone walks up to you and starts asking you questions out of nowhere for no reason, you dont grab them and shake them...

Agreed. Even if someone pisses you off you don't grab them, be by the arm, by the neck, or fully grappling their body (all of which the congressman did). You walk away or get authorities to settle the dispute/altercation. Being a political figure you have additional responsibilities when it comes to political correctness and setting an example.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
See I'm split to two sides.

Yes he should have kept walking away, however it sends a message to stop and rough him up...

damn young'ins! *shakes cane*

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
But if you're a government official and don't want to be filmed and you ask the people something and they refuse to comply...
a government official is employed by you and me. we have a right to question them (although at an appropriate place and time) about any thing we deem necessary regarding how our govt is run.

they are no better than you and me.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Who are you.

No question mark at the end, from the tone of his voice..

If you don't agree with my concept of punctuation, then I'll make a dumbass smartass punctuation joke at you.