PL Coaltown

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by zahndah, Jul 10, 2015.

1. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    PL_Cavern

RED has acquired a small mining town, and are making large sums of money out of it. BLU obviously wants to stop this and therefore are going to blow up the caverns below it.

Name has changed (from pl_coaltown) and may change aagain. Theme may change, dependent on whether I can think of a more fitting theme (if the theme changes the name will probably change with it).

I know the map is very small but I'm thinking of doing a second / third part and I am also a newbie mapmaker

NOTE: above BLU spawn there is a nodraw ceiling which breaks after setup to help kill any sentry spawn camping them I need to add a texture but I dont know what would look right in the spot.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I recommend you put up screenshots at the earliest opportunity, or else nobody will want to download your map.

In other words, no pics, no clicks.

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    It's better you just use another name altogether (pl_zahndah even) rather than coaltown because people will think it's a conversion (for better or for worse).

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Couple of tips.

Don't box your maps in like that.
    Add lighting, even just a light_environment should do it.

5. Lenny

Lenny L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Your download is a link to the .vmf. You need to compile the map first and then upload the resulting .bsp.

6. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    I think i fixed the map download, should be able to play it now.