JeanPaul

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 5, 2010

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010
JeanPaul updated Chateau with a new update entry:

pl_chateau_x3

This version adds a rollback zone at final and hopefully makes C play better via some small redesigns. My original intention was to have a decent rollback zone at final but I completely forgot to add it whoops lol.

Changes
-redesigned red approach to C
-added new walkable area outside above deathpit at C
-moved C checkpoint closer to red spawn
-made entire kidney at final a rollback zone
-added plank path from main to chandelier for more red access
-fixed blu first forward stair props...

Read the rest of this update entry...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x6

This version should fix all of the red forward spawn routing issues and spice up the C gameplay quite a bit. C should also be a lot easier to understand at a glance. The entire plank section at B has been removed and replaced with a set of upward B esque rolling hills. (Thanks Diva Dan)

Work in progress world textures have also been added with some in progress blending. No sculpting yet as I wanted to keep everything relatively the same to test the new B and C changes.

A
-fixed spawn door...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x7

Its work in progress artpass Chateau time woo. The lighting is still a first draft with mostly ghost lights but should do the trick while I get the new sculpts and gameplay changes tested.

A
-added some trees and shifted around some of the placement
-replaced prop stairs with displacements

B
-removed the fence on upper area
-added a few extra trees
-removed tiny fence attached to main choke into area
-added a required switch back plank path to get out of dropdown area

C
-no gameplay...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x8

Quick B gameplay update before the final visual push. Red could too easily flank and overwhelm blu in the beginning pre-pit section of B via the tiny left side tunnel flank. I added a one way door to force red into the pit via main if they want to interact with blu.

The second B pacing issue was the last 15 feet before the checkpoint being too difficult. I drastically widened the final push area via removing the tiny red dropdown path which removes some nasty sentry spots and gives blu...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x10

This update should alleviate the remaining direction confusion coming out of red forward spawn

-moved red forward spawns to the other side of the room and rotated them to face B
-added a few trees to the large cliff area of B for more cover
-added large red arrow signs on the tracks to C to divert players to B

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Your map has exceeded the 60MB "safety net" for downloading maps. I would recommending culling some unnecessary assets wherever possible, as players do not want to wait forever in the download screen.

Oct 6, 2008
Loved the play test

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x12

Okay time to make B easier to cap! Im pretty sure this will be the workshop version I just wanted to test just in case. I have to say this change feels really obvious now that I look at it lol.

I held off on this for a few reasons but mainly because I wasnt sure if it was totally needed and wasnt even sure how to do it yet. Last night I had a bit of a realization that I had actually diagnosed the problem while ago but I didnt notice. Maybe it was having several more tests confirm this that...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x14

Chateau update time! A to B should be easier for blu now with the new one way doors and should allow for some better engie nests. C received a redesign that should be easier to defend and understand.

Hopefully the increased visibility in C doesnt hurt performance too much. Once all this new gameplay is sorted ill do a fresh, more detailed, wood plank detail pass on the interior areas.

B
-added two one way doors for blu. one in the right side height flank connecting to main and one...

JeanPaul

Aug 5, 2010

pl_chateau_x15

Time for some gameplay changes! Then more detail later.

This version should completely remove all routing confusion coming out of reds first spawn and make capturing B easier. Blu will also no longer completely dump onto red on B capture.

Changes:

General
-removed red shortcut to A
-locked right side mini door of red spawn until blu captures A
-separated first red spawn doors with a fence
-added no build to bottom of blu spawn water pit (lol)

B
-removed large rock height immediately over...