Cannot get tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp to work

Wanderer

L1: Registered
Nov 29, 2023
Hello everyone.

I am a beginner mapper currently working on an edit of ctf_turbine as my first project.

My map currently has the regular flags for each team as well as one control point.

I've read that I can add the tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp entity to my map to make the CP show up on the CTF HUD.
However, after placing that entity, the CP is not displayed on the HUD. The only thing that has changed is that the score counter element from the CTF HUD is no longer displayed. I know that the CP works, it can be captured as it should.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make this entity detect the CP?

Solution
You may need to add a team_control_point_master to your map.
If you have one already, you may need to place a tf_gamerules (or edit the one turbine has already) and change its "HUD Type" property to "CP HUD".

Hiding the CTF scores is an inherent property of tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp, since it was designed for Attack/Defense CTF, where the capture points matter more than the scores.
If you want to bring the scores back, you'll need to add a tf_logic_player_destruction and set it up in the following way:
  • Set its Max Points / Player property to 0
  • Set its Minimum Points property to 3
  • Set its Maximum Points property to 3
  • Set its Finale Length property to 0 (or 5 for a cool countdown at the end of the round)
  • Set its Heal...

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
You may need to add a team_control_point_master to your map.
If you have one already, you may need to place a tf_gamerules (or edit the one turbine has already) and change its "HUD Type" property to "CP HUD".

Hiding the CTF scores is an inherent property of tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp, since it was designed for Attack/Defense CTF, where the capture points matter more than the scores.
If you want to bring the scores back, you'll need to add a tf_logic_player_destruction and set it up in the following way:
  • Set its Max Points / Player property to 0
  • Set its Minimum Points property to 3
  • Set its Maximum Points property to 3
  • Set its Finale Length property to 0 (or 5 for a cool countdown at the end of the round)
  • Set its Heal Distance property to 0 or 1
  • Ignore its respawn time properties since they are bugged and do nothing
Then, you need to give it a name such as "logic_pd", and send the following outputs from a logic_auto:
1701321469113.png

Finally, we need to make it so that RED and BLU get PD points when they capture the enemy flag. This is as simple as giving the RED func_capturezone (the one on RED's side of the map, which has its team set to RED) this output:
1701321547479.png

Then, you give BLU's capzone this output:
1701321579424.png

This will give you a system where RED and BLU's progress towards victory is tracked on the HUD.

The Player Destruction HUD might cover the Capture Point HUD, in which case you need to head into your team_control_point_master and change this property:
1701321709767.png

Setting it to 0.75 or 0.8 should make it display above the Player Destruction HUD.

Last edited:
Solution

Wanderer

L1: Registered
Nov 29, 2023
Thank you for your reply. The missing team_control_point_master was indeed the problem.

I have decided to base my map around a single capture, so no cap counter is needed, but I will keep this knowledge for future projects.