Breaking Update News: Sniper Update Info!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Ok, first things first. What's with VALVe breaking almost every one of their design rules? First it's different weapons that look fairly similar, then it's adding weapons that stun/slowdown, and now it's a night map! I mean, sure, VALVe can change their minds, and I'm okay with what they're doing, but what's the point of stating those design goals if they're not even going to enforce them?

On a different note, I find it interesting that I am most excited for new maps. Scout is my favorite class, and even while waiting for the scout update, I was most excited for the map(s). We all know how that turned out though...
i dont think they ever stated they wanted similar looking weapons. if i remember correctly, they mentioned that because they wanted to cut down on production costs, so editing a model and re-skining it was easier than making a whole new one.

if a class ABSOLUTELY needs a new weapon, its never been out of the question.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Valve time has become largely exaggerated and overblown. The only legitimate ones were the first eight or so that have been on the page for a few years.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Hm, so how many Heyo maps are left out there for Valve to release?

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Oilfield and Harvest. Didn't play Oilfield because it's nowhere in rotation, but Harvest is really good for an Arena map. And popular.

Although my money for custom map goes on Swift.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Oilfield and Harvest. Didn't play Oilfield because it's nowhere in rotation, but Harvest is really good for an Arena map. And popular.

Although my money for custom map goes on Swift.
id put frontier up there.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm not joking either. It's so obvious, I don't know how you guys could have missed it. orange_x_night ends with a giant meteor killing everybody. Much like the supposed death of the dinosaurs. and the update page talks about the dinosaurs dying out. they say it was from being bow and arrowed, but that was probably just the final stragglers after the meteor.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
EDIT: Whoops, thought I was posting new information. Turns out i was not.

Last edited:
T

The Asylum

Valve's already contacted me about adding Super Pipeball too. Now I'm e-famous.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Holy fuck i did not scroll down. Mother of god. Look at that sky. Look at those models.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Wow! Can't wait to try out that double payload. I'm not particularly interested in new Arena maps so much as I'm interested in the new skybox and environment settings. RAIN!

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
This is like Easter, Christmas, Birthday, Independence Day AND my first map's release day in ONE!

1. Dual Payload!
2. Night Sky!
3. Doomsday device!
4. Rain?!

wtf? Valve is finally becomin uber-awesome.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
might be a good time to make a 24/7 arena server lol. Pipeline looks like shit tbh: watch the insane amounts of spam and how UNFUN it'll be.