Breaking Update News: Sniper Update Info!

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
MrAlBobo:

The fact that it's dark is exciting. It's not a typical TF2 light blue sky in the desert. It's DARK! And it's ALPINE! And it's (hopefully?) not arena.

ahhh, im not terribly into visuals, so this is obviously something I would miss :p

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Ok, first things first. What's with VALVe breaking almost every one of their design rules? First it's different weapons that look fairly similar, then it's adding weapons that stun/slowdown, and now it's a night map! I mean, sure, VALVe can change their minds, and I'm okay with what they're doing, but what's the point of stating those design goals if they're not even going to enforce them?

On a different note, I find it interesting that I am most excited for new maps. Scout is my favorite class, and even while waiting for the scout update, I was most excited for the map(s). We all know how that turned out though...

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
1-second charge (I think it's ~5 for the regular Sniper)

that's pretty darn fast

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Yeah, it's a more-rapid fire medium-range weapon for the sniper that still has the high impact damage you can get from the sniper rifle.

I'm guessing clicking does a quickfire and rightclicking charges (pulls back the arrow) for a higher damage shot.

bittman

L1: Registered
Dec 7, 2008
Very dam fast. 150 bodyshots in a second? Actually, I still expect the bow to do less damage, but whatever.

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to a new Valve map. That said, I expect the dual payload this time after the Scout pack's teaser and the red cart in hammer.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Valve said:
One headshot from the Huntsman can mean an instant crit

Anyone notice that?

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Although the countdown to the update has begun, they didn't set an exact date for the release. There is no schedule like with the Heavy- or Scout update. Tuesday is the best guess, but it may take longer. They probably want a backdoor if they find a critical problem last minute.

Also, Sniper update = hats update. Bring on the 'fro! (I'm still clueless what a Spy helmet looks like)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I think it's nice. I couldn't come up with a better idea myself, although I really don't like the sound of this rumoured knockback.

So, how many days does it usually take from the start of an update page until it's released? About a week? I hope not, I have two big tests (not exams, but still big and important) next Tuesday and Wednesday. >_<

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
So far, every one of these updates (heavy, scout) had "Day 1" On a Tuesday. Releases were often on the following Tuesday. They probably didn't want to announce a set deadline in case something totally screwed up like in the scout update.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
I think the map is the new and totally different gamemode with a dark skybox...

AWESOME!