Borax

PL Borax rc2

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I get error signs where the eagle or the custom cap signs should be. The console says something about a missing flying animation, that could be the cause for the "error" eagle. As for the signs, I dunno. And there is a wireframe thingie showing up at the building at cap A.

Fixed, re download the map.

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
I get error signs where the eagle or the custom cap signs should be. The console says something about a missing flying animation, that could be the cause for the "error" eagle. As for the signs, I dunno. And there is a wireframe thingie showing up at the building at cap A.

In your picture, in the background, that displacement could sure do with some Z-Axis love.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Yay, I can finally join the server and play the b3! :) So yea, it works for me, I also don't see any errors in the map.

I also found this:

pl_borax_b30000.jpg

There is a hole there in the floor at the ammo and healthpack.

DontWannaName

L3: Member
Jan 12, 2009
My server is complaining about the amount of chokepoints in the map making it impossible for blue to win. They are looking for an alternate route to the last point, I think currently its only head on and no way around it like there are with the 3rd stage of dustbowl. I think you fixed the first chokepoint but blue has never gotten the final point before.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Of course!

neghu0.jpg

floating door mechanism? No thanks!

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
This is in Gravel Pit Blu Spawn too, I wouldnt say thats really bad.

Nice map btw :D

Who said valve maps were perfect? Tons of bugs/glitches/things forgotten...

Have you not seen them yet?

Jive Turkey

L3: Member
Jan 22, 2008
I wouldn't have said anything but yea, floating door mechanisms bug me too. What official map did I see this in? Fastlane? And I love Fastlane. Still, put something there!

Pyroguy

L1: Registered
Jun 6, 2009
I know a lot of work has been put into the finale explosion, but it seems really gimmicky. The rocket is over-used (I mean seriously, there are other doomsday devices besides nuclear and/or payload rockets). The fueling line has a massive hand-operated coupler on the end, which makes no sense at all. And the fan that pushes the bomb, while it is ok in its cartoony-ness, serves no apparent purpose.

If you want to consider doomsday devices or weapons of mass destruction that haven't been done, you could do a massive cannon, a bombing plane, a flying saucer, a time machine/portal, a particle smasher (the hadron collider), some kind of hulk-like bio-experiment, a submarine, or an airship. But, please, Valve has already covered lasers and rockets and earthquake machines.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
This is in Gravel Pit Blu Spawn too, I wouldnt say thats really bad.

Nice map btw :D

And in RED's spawn on Gravelpit, too! Just harder to notice.

Some tiny gripes from gameday:

-The exit from what I assume was the front spawn for RED, the one by Point C I think? The exit from that spawn is ridiculously dark and it looks kinda weird honestly.

-This is a personal gripe more than an outright problem but I kind of thing the custom point markers are a bit ugly. But that's just me.

Otherwise, I didn't really play this for a full round but what I did play I greatly enjoyed. This surely goes without saying but the fan is awesome sauce.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
What possessed you to remove the only decent engie spot? I mean of course under the deck to the first cap.