Borax

PL Borax rc2

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Sorry, but you aren't changing the problems with this map. Played it last night, will most likely be the last time. :blushing: The defense has too much of an advantage, instead of changing the layout so it was easier to attack, you made RED spawn at the very end of the map. Overall I got positive feedback for looks, after the round everyone yelled at me for playing this bad map again. Don't mean to sound like a dick, sry. Good luck making changes if you choose to do so

Did you switch teams? I played this on a full server yesterday and it was there was no problem at all with the balancing :confused:

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
played about 6 rounds,result: blu wone once,red 5 times

i like this map, but..was that bad blu teamplay or smth with balance?

RichT

L1: Registered
Mar 9, 2009
I enjoyed it, my only problem with it was some of the planks to access higher areas were rather hard to navigate, other than that it was a great map :)

May 23, 2009
http://stats.tf2maps.net/map.php?id=146 play it more on the tf2maps servers, and perhaps send one of the admins the info they need to set up some heatmaps, and then use this ifo to back up claims of balance/inbalance. At current it doesn't look all that balanced (having not actually played it and being based only on 8 rounds)

Apr 19, 2009
We played B2 on 2f2f today and it still has some big problems with people capping. First off I would speed up the door that opens after cap 1 is taken, by the time the door opens RED has the impossible sentry farm up. If the team is able to get passed cap 2 they can cap 3. However, by the time they get to 3 the added tie for 3 is not enough to get to the final point! On top of all this RED was still man about the long walk from the spawns to the cap points. If you could put in more spawns with longer spawn times that would help a lot. Sorry I could not take any pics because FRAPS was not behaving right. If you want some more feedback I would PM FLOOR_MASTER about the map because I think he has some good ideas about how to tilt it more to BLU's favor.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
We played B2 on 2f2f today and it still has some big problems with people capping. First off I would speed up the door that opens after cap 1 is taken, by the time the door opens RED has the impossible sentry farm up. If the team is able to get passed cap 2 they can cap 3. However, by the time they get to 3 the added tie for 3 is not enough to get to the final point! On top of all this RED was still man about the long walk from the spawns to the cap points. If you could put in more spawns with longer spawn times that would help a lot. Sorry I could not take any pics because FRAPS was not behaving right. If you want some more feedback I would PM FLOOR_MASTER about the map because I think he has some good ideas about how to tilt it more to BLU's favor.

Right now, I dont know what team is OP and what team is UP. Ive seen games where Blue wins without any difficulties, Ive seen other games where Red manage to defend til the clock runs out of time.

I dont know how to judge them. I need to see more gameplays

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
I love this map. It is an amazing collection of design and detailing that come together so beautifully :wow:. Like many others have said, the only problem is the consisting chokepoint. Other than that, this map rocks!

P.S: Thank you for introducing me to that song in your custom explosion video. I can't stop listening to it :blushing:

Apr 13, 2009
About that bad chokepoint... Well I don't know it still is that bad, but as a red engineer it felt very frustrating, there's literally no more metal at all in the surrounding area, and IMO sentries were not exactly undefeatable in this place anyway, it was the red spawn that was too close (no longer a problem) and blu's incoming path are too close to each other and too narrow.

Once you pass this chokepoint, the same lack of metal becomes a problem as a blu engineer when you try to set up a lvl 3 teleporter beyond the chokepoint. I think at least a medium ammo box somewhere would help.

...or maybe there is one and I completely missed it ? :p

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Finally got a chance to play B2 tonight some on my server.

Was a little bit confused, though... was a forward spawn or something supposed to open when you capture B? Unless I missed a door somewhere, it felt like we were still spawning way back at the beginning.

The sign at the exit of the spawn might've confused me.

Pianodan

L3: Member
Apr 11, 2009
I enjoyed the map today. The only nitpick is that odd displacement (brush?) in Red's final spawn. If you're facing the rocket, it's above the stairs in the exit on your right. It looks very odd. Other than that, very nice!

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
I get error signs where the eagle or the custom cap signs should be. The console says something about a missing flying animation, that could be the cause for the "error" eagle. As for the signs, I dunno. And there is a wireframe thingie showing up at the building at cap A.