Jun 12, 2009
pl_goldnight001.png

I'll just leave this here.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
Why did you change the name, Blobload was a such good one :(
Although, goldnight sounds awesome too :p

Can't wait to see and play the new one, i hope its still awesome like before.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
lovely.
that's all i can say. lighting looks wonderful !
and thank you for a proper name. now people can take this serious :)

Sep 1, 2009
Its like a Pokemon, as it evolves it just keeps getting better nd beter. Like the lighting and the new routes that were added

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
The map plays really nicly and I love it!
But as the game is neering the end, it just gets easier and easier for the attacking team to win, which, for me, ruins the end. (Both as defender and attacker)
Anyway, look at this:
pl_goldnight_a4a0000.jpg

This sign just looks funny, make it bigger - I know you can!
pl_goldnight_a4a0001.jpg

Misaligned textures
pl_goldnight_a4a0002.jpg

Dito

Keep up this great work!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Like I said, the last point seemed like some massive battleground and BLU was spawning much farther from the current point than RED.

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
Oh!
I just thought of a nice name for a desert map, such as yours: Vacant
So what do you say?

Ginger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 29, 2010

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
While it's on my mind, the trigger_hurt for the explosion stays after the boom.
I'll be back with more feedback later.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
What do you think to this new ledge?
<screenshot>

From when i've played Goldnight in gamedays that corner of the map is really underused anyway, which I would assume is a result of the payload turning off from that section early, drawing people up the hill. How will expanding on that area help to improve this situation?

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
I enjoyed the map, and it looks very nice! It did feel a bit easy for blu though, so I have tried to address this in my suggestions.

I'm not so sure about my idea for it on the right, but I really don't think blu needs that entrance on the left. It just allows blu to get behind and completely dominate with the high ground. Red does not have much chance of defending other than staying at the very corner on the point. I made a red circle for where you might want to put some defensive positioning for red.
The limey outlines suggest using the house to go up in to the rock, and use the cliffside as an exit. Entirely up to you, but I would really like that left entrance removed.

Moving on to the next area, blu has a lot of control here too! Red has a hard time defending anywhere effectively.
I propose that those stairs at the back be used as the one route to get to the single upstairs room overlooking the roofs.
Add some fake doors or something inside so it feels like it has more purpose, of course.
The red outlines the new buildings, pink the new routes. I think the pipe for gold is a good opportunity to situate a defensive but 'functional' building for red.
(I drew the spawn vis in for myself)

I really liked this part of the track! It looks nice :)

Dead end buildings make me rage! They're not even providing an overlook somewhere, they just hold health/ammo. Just close them off altogether, or use them as connecting parts (like you did in the very first area).

In regards to your post that you just made about the new platform!
This is the view I have from here, it's very targetable from many blu places, and not very desireable to hang around here long. What harribo said holds true, it's not use too often, and neither is that flanking route that continues on the left (which I will get to in a minute). You may want to move the track up here to make it used more - with an obstacle such as a small building (extend that deadend building of yours maybe?) as a reason for the track to loop around it.

Just something small that you should take a look at

The final area of the map I felt played very well! It was definitely a challenge, but a fun one. The exit we see here on the right is that side route I mentioned, one that doesn't get used much. As we see here, it's not going to be use much as it's narrow and straight in to red's firing line. It doesn't offer much in the way of area control, as the left route has upper ground, a flanking route, and more space for avoiding spam. This exit would maybe be better coming out of the wall where the computers and that screen is. Currently it's only really useful for red to get behind blu, but even then blu can keep an easy eye on that route from their cover on the left. If the intention was for it to be red's route, then give them some sort of drop down entrance from the south of that image, and keep it as is; otherwise you don't really need it. The rest of the last area I think it's quite safe to get detailing :)