Blobload

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
You did some nice fixes to the map. :) The first area wasn't that huge anymore and the last area was actually fun to play now (too bad the round didn't want to end when you tried to cap CP4 :( ).
But imo CP3 is usually just a waste of time for RED because they nowhere really have a place where they can defend where BLU can't get that easily. So a part of the RED team just went to CP4 to set up their defence there. You really should add some new thing for RED (like a building on the right side of that area maybe) where BLU can't get too easily, like they can at the long ramp at the left. The long ramp at the left also made it easy to go behind the RED lines, and even run to CP4 to spawncamp without being noticed (this happened when the teams were a little unbalanced though, but it was possible when there was once no RED player at that higher route.
Also, for the area of CP3:
pl_blobload_a20001.jpg

Either remove this hand or remove the ability to get in (I suggest to remove the hand.)
Oh and, I just noticed this: your forward spawn for BLU is pretty close to CP3, which makes it easy to cap that point and also makes it easy to spawncamp BLU if the RED team would be better. In badwater, the forward spawn opens at CP2, I suggest doing the same, by putting the spawn in the area of CP2 (they can then use the one way route going from area of CP2 -> area of CP3. :)

Also the following might me an issue:
pl_blobload_a20000.jpg

I could easily spam nades and stickies to the RED team coming to the cart (CP 2 wasn't capped yet) and didn't expect cool Hanz sitting there watching how his awesome stickies blowed up the REDs. :) It was fun though.

And again, CP2 became easy once BLU took over the higher route, so you might want to add another one for RED, as I already told you yesterday I think. :)

Soooooooooooooo, add new thing for RED at CP2 and CP3 (not TOO overpowered, note this), put the forward spawn in the other area, remove the hand on the door, and oh, change the respawntimes a bit, BLU should have slightly less than RED has at the end. :D

Sep 1, 2009
This isn't really anythin big but I noticed by the furthest door on the blue start there is a whole on the top lefthand edge

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
For an a2, this map looks great!

However, there was a few balancing issues I noticed during the impromptu. I told you them in-game but I'll post them here to remind you.

You need to make new flanking routes around CP1, at the minute theres only a single route through (which the bomb takes) and the area becomes a huge spam fest while BLU are pushing the cart. Later in the map RED are able to push forwards and hold this chokepoint really well. If you use the building to the right of CP1 you could easily make a doorway connecting to a hallway leading to the other side.

At RED spawn 2 it was pretty confusing which way I needed to go. You should put a sign in the room straight out of the spawn letting RED players know which way they need to go quickly. Also, if you made a single blocked door over the medal door frame to the left, RED players couldn't get confused. Then make a simple logic to make the door open when CP2 is captured.

Also I felt the final CP had too many flanking routes for BLU, they were all over RED and they had no chance to set up any kind of defense.

Sep 1, 2009
The map isn't crap, what gave you that idea!?

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Cmon, Blob, continue with it! It wasn't bad, I found the map enjoyable and I think lots of others also did. And remember that a map never is that balanced when it's only a2.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Blob is babyman. You can't give up so easily else you'll never get anywhere.

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
Blob is babyman. :D

It's all very well everyone saying "oh, don't give up", but no one knows what to do to fix that "bad gameplay" :p

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i think i have the solution.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
CHANGE THAT MAPNAME INTO SOMETHING PROPER AND GET YOUR ASS TOGETHER, MR. BABYMAN

oh and then cacti everywhere, i second that :D
:love: :love: :love:

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
IWINEYCEHAHAHA.jpg

Inspiration for you. To keep you going. Just imagine that, covered in Cacti. NOW, MAP!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
If I remember correctly both teams won the round when they were attacking, so you might have made CP2 too easy now because of that side route. :V