CP blackmesa2_beta3

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Hey, he wants to post his map here, gotta play by our rules. And that's the end of it.

ardysqrrl

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 26, 2009

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I created some assets for the map.. And who are you ? I'm not related to anything he posts but I don't like how this game is played. Tho I know him as I made the Hevsuit skin for him.

Are you map author? No.
Stop making such big deal over this and move along.

Passerby

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2010
you do relise the bunch of you are all acting like dicks and amusing fact about this site is that you generally only get posts on your map thread if your getting trolled, there is a hell of a lot of people who come here looking for input here and usually get no useful feedback or trolled over 1 thing which than overshadows the thread.

JustJv

L1: Registered
Sep 20, 2008
you do relise the bunch of you are all acting like dicks and amusing fact about this site is that you generally only get posts on your map thread if your getting trolled, there is a hell of a lot of people who come here looking for input here and usually get no useful feedback or trolled over 1 thing which than overshadows the thread.

Agreed !

And a big thanks to LeSwordfish as he was the most usefull person in this entire thread.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I could say the same thing about you.. You have had absolutely no input in this at all.

Yes, but i am not jumping all over the walls because site staff is telling map author to add credit list to main post, because at the end of the day, you cause more harm on your friends map thread than good.

JustJv

Sep 20, 2008
Yes, but i am not jumping all over the walls because site staff is telling map author to add credit list to main post, because at the end of the day, you cause more harm on your friends map thread than good.

I mean he gave us a very good list and still they're not happy.. ? Anyway, this is my last post in this thread.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I mean he gave us a very good list and still they're not happy.. ? Anyway, this is my last post in this thread.

Yeah, but problem is that people looking for people who made the items or people who are looking if they are credited shouldn't have to read trough multiple pages to find a single post with credit list when they could just read map info. That why staff is wanting dragon to put it to first post.

Dragonstorm24

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2009
On this topic, If I were a modeler and someone used my models in a map only to see a mention of my name scrolled somewhere in the corner of a back page or not referenced at all I would be pretty pissed. Not only is that a breach of trust and very rude but also against Creative Commons licensing to not give credit where credit is due. That is why in every map I do I mention my contributers and why if you look at any map on this site it will mention all contributers on the very front, big or small contributions. So there is nothing to argue about just put it up on the main post and everything will be fine.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I play on the first blackmesa a ton, it is fun, has flaws, but is fun.

I've played on this one too (well, I DL'ed it and ran through it)...

~I like what you did with what was the vents in BM1, the conveyers work well.
~A looks really too crowded, and to get up onto that ledge is annoying for classes who can't do extended jumps...
~When you cap L and C, the headcrab spawns... interesting and fun idea, but if your going to do that, make it a non-solid model, I got stuck on it a couple times.
~As much as I enjoy sniping down the Long hallways of C and L, I also don't like the sightline...
~Adding a couple more area's (and more obvious areas) for when your trying to get it out the sludge under A would be best for first time players.
~For the spawns, they are still really campable, imo, adding another door to that same hallway makes it just too easy for a heavy or even (now) a sentry to cover... maybe allow for easier access to the upper vents/take it out into that little office across from the sliding doors that lead to the vents
~Clipping on some of the doorframes would be great too.

Anyways, BM1 is fun to play, but what happened to eGO, I thought they were doing your testing?

Since it got eaten by the Post-fest. Here is my input, quoted from the very first post (non custom model related)

Edit: this is just a bit of what I'm thinking for feedback, but honestly, the Spawns are the major thing, they are still really campable.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why are there so many posts, not to mention infracted posts, about the credit that's due in this map? Couldn't this have been solved with a simple private message or series of them? Why is it that whenever some map that gets played on more than five servers is posted here everyone immediately jumps at the most ridiculous flaw? Seriously guys, do I need to ask drp to rename the site to TF2Drama.net?

tf2d.png

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
tf2mw.gif

Dragonhill

Jul 9, 2008
I just want to note that i think flourescent green nuclear waste looks awful in tf2. Can't you just use a more muted colour with a glow that would actually fit inside the tf2 palette?

Yea, i'm not too happy with that. The previous was more anti freeze green and felt better but I went with a cheap only water to help the frame rate change when players droped down to A. I'm not happy with it but it also needs to almost SCREAM that it is dangerous. It should also feel like it would work in hl1 blackmesa or at least remind the player of hl1 if they had played it. This will prob end up as a contradiction to a TF2 pallete choice.

The next thought is to make both cheap and expensive (which was already done) and the issue is that even though a high end puter came run fine the player will still notice the frame rate change between levels or worse yet the player with a low end puter does not adjust his setting correctly.

Bottom line is the water look needs to be changed. Just not feeling good about any of the choices.

Crazyrockets

Jan 25, 2011
I have to agree with the other responses about the green water. From a distance it just looks like a bright green sheet and is hard on the eyes. Even when you get close you can barely see the details of the water due to the color.
I am much more a fan of the color of the water in cp_blackmesa_final. It is much more subdued but still gives the impression of radioactive!

I would still prefer having two steves around each of the platforms out of the water. Only one swimming around the center is too easy to avoid.

As well, this appears to be a texture glitch over the control panel.
532w5s.jpg

I have noticed this exact same glitch after loading the map on the server several times.
Dragonhill, if you want to see the texture glitch for yourself to figure out whats causing it, let me know and I'll send you the server info.

I also have noticed the head crab spawn issue. It spawns above you and pushes you down into the floor, then drags you along with it.
29s9xx.jpg

Not sure how you will want to handle this, but I would suggest killing the player by environmental damage if he is foolish enough to be directly under the crab spawn when it happens.

Overall I greatly approve of the map! It is much better for overall flow of gameplay than Blackmesa final. As well, the map design takes away the hugely diproportionate advantage snipers had on the middle point in the origonal.

I will edit this post if anything else comes up in my additional testing.

-Crazyrockets

Last edited: