Bazillion

CP Bazillion RC5

Sep 1, 2009
Other than me you failing to kill me as a sniper on Cano I have this to say
1. some unbeatable sentry possitions
2.Add stairs to compensate for 1
3. reduce the scale of the map so we can play on it with having to walk 9000 yards to arrive at were we want to be
4. parts of the map are dark and need relighting
5. middle forward spawn felt useless as it was only 10 metres away from the other forward spawn
6. There is no 6

Overall accept the feedback and the map will; improve and I look forward tro the next play test.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I've left some feedback, mostly dark areas. Me and Stick agree that the stairs up from 2/4 should go somewhere. Really, they feel like a major route. Can i suggest both connecting them to the balcony opposite, with a vent or pipe or some other "non-standard" route, and narrowing the stairs into a fire exit narrow staircase, so it looks less major.

Arnold

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 18, 2008
i don't really understand why some keep complaining about the distance to mid though

This is granary walking distance to mid compared to bazillion roughly
Sm4vq.jpg

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
I enjoyed the map a lot more tonight. Think I left quite a bit of feedback through the plugin. Other than that, last caps way too slowly from what I could tell. Clip off the vents. It seemed like there were a lot of ways attackers could come at you when defending cp4 (ie them pushing out from their last point) which was a bit confusing.

Might be the lack of knowledge of the map, there are only 2,5 routes for the attackers to really get out of last cp room, it splits up inside obviously but it boils donwn to 2 doors and a narrow hallway really.

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
Last edited:

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
I enjoyed the map a lot in the game day last night. It seems to flow a lot better now. All I'd say is to look at the feedback annotations I made (mainly changing the second spawn orientation - think Badlands 3rd spawn. People still spawn and run into their base). Also something that's been bothering me slightly is the first spawn. It's not a huge deal, but it feels a bit maze-like, with I think 2 exits, but then 2 or 3 different ways to go from the doors. Might be something to look at anyway. Other than that, just tidy up the detailing, it's starting to look very nice.

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
dNbAq.jpg

JX6mx.jpg

WzB22.jpg

http://imgur.com/SRXya.jpg

Honey: I get what you are trying to say considering 2nd forward spawn but i really don't see why i should change it. It's pretty straight forward. basically little turning involved, go straight ahead or go left. In badlands you have to turn right. I think it's more of a conditional thing than an actual design issue.

Last edited:

honeymustard

Oct 26, 2009
Nice! If you can, change the 45 degree angle stairs that are just behind where the first screenshot is taken, if they're still like that. Anyway, for the spawn, this is what I mean:

vrvs51.jpg

People spawn like this, and when they get to the door..

24yblm8.jpg

They naturally face this direction, and are inclined to walk up into the yard area (at least to players not familiar with the area)

xo1isn.jpg

Whereas if they spawned like this..

2i9pmw8.jpg

They'd be facing the connector to CP3, which is where most people go to mid from the spawn, once they figure out they have to essentially do a U turn. (and those 2 props next to the little health and ammo on the right should be non-solid)

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
Oh yeah, i thought you meant second forward spawn.
Anyway glad that is cleared up you are completely right.

Bout the 45 degree stairs: i didn't really want them like that, i'll see if i can flatten them a little but i had space constraints and otherwise it would really disrupt the flow of the bottom area.

with hdr

0FRte.jpg

x3f2T.jpg

Last edited:

honeymustard

Oct 26, 2009
Yeah I figured it was because of due to small space. You could have split it into two parts, so it's like an L shape that hugs the wall.

The lighting looks awesome.

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
Download to b7 is up

Biggest changes are
-------------------------
*Reduced sniper sightlines on mid significantly
*Reduced sightline on 2nd cp from choke
*Made it possible for attackers to utilise the left route to last point. (using crates)
*Rotated the 2nd respawn so you don't run back to your base
*Added 3D skybox
*Fixed the biggest playerclip issues
*Added a lot of detail

If you happen to play the map record a demo or reply in this thread i would really like to know how the map plays with these changes to mid and last cp.

Download b7
------------------
http://maps.toaster.fi./cp_bazillion_b7.bsp.bz2

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
screen changes b9
-------------
http://i.imgur.com/zKX0E.jpg

download (b9)
----------
http://maps.toaster.fi./cp_bazillion_b9.bsp.bz2

changelog b9
---------------
*Reduced spawntime for the attackers on cp1
*Made cp2 roof accessible (copied the red cp2 roof to blu)
*Opened up a window square above the main gates into base
*added detail
*some more clipping fixes
*found a description tag

Mechlord

L1: Registered
Oct 12, 2010
Bugs:
baz1.jpg

baz5.jpg

Can also stand on the front.

baz2.jpg

Boring areas:
baz3.jpg

This area is a bit jarring, particularly the tops of the ledges. Maybe you could change the material of the ramps for a little more contrast.

baz4.jpg

This ramp could do with something extra. (Storage underneath with mesh on the front?)

This map is excellent.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
Light goes through your door models in the spawn rooms, and probably elsewhere too. (There's a weird method to fix this, look at Well and Pipeline afaik)