Assignment Frenzy #1: Detailing

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I think YM was mostly saying "People only play dustbowl and only like what they know and never have any flavour of ice-cream they havent yet tried", really.

Also, grazr, it is way too late for it now but that arch looks kinda massive and a bit out-of-place, like a brick in a merangue. This is likely the angle, but it looks much taller and more substantial than the cliffs.

Sep 12, 2008
af1_dabp0003.jpg

phooha. ~5hours.

2 hours for map, 3 hours for fixing my own particles/sounds/sky/3dsky(gotdeleted)/....

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
With sideways rain i really hope you normal mapped those walls because then i would jizz my pants. Otherwise you're just blue ball'ing me.

Also i changed the roof texture so the building looks more... good.

af1_grazr_3d_b0005.jpg

I'm working on the arch at the moment, trying to make it less blocky.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
On the topic of normal maps, mine needs "mat_bumpmap 0" to be entered otherwise the shading is all wrong. If I was publishing a proper map I'd edit the rock materials and remove them.

Apr 13, 2009
Inb4 the lock.
Note to self : in the future, start working more than 2 hours before the deadline :p

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Time is up.

Contenders are:
dabp (DaBeatzProject)
dark
godslayer57
grazr
jetti
locnlol
locutus
mickanator
anova
plipplop
ritz
sergis
tomhoen
tyker
ym
zhan
drwrench
-----
total: 17

All of you except 2½ managed to follow the naming rules too! I'll let it slip this time, but keep it in mind for next time.

I'll go through these ingame to check for other rule breakage, but a voting thread should be soon.

Last edited:

Locutus

L2: Junior Member
Nov 3, 2009
Who messed up the names?

I'm pretty sure I didn't but if I did I'd like to know. XD