Jul 16, 2009
af1_anova0003.jpg

af1_anova0002.jpg

Double DOUBLE post madness.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Assume so, and Grazr, the red of the rock contrasts too much with the blue of the sky. Maybe try desaturating the rock, or make the shadows less red.

That's kind of the idea. These settings are exactly the same as dustbowl (besides the light direction), the red and blue are supposed to contrast otherwise i'd end up with something pretentiously colour-styled. Which is not my intention, not to mention difficult to pull with orange without it looking bland, monotonous and/or simply looking like poorly executed colour theory.

It might be less dramatic when i get a sun in the sky, which would off set the blanket-like feeling of the blue sky.

Last edited:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
That Elevator No 8 overlay has kinda ugly white bits around it, like a load of overlays meant to be on white walls.

Agreed, i'll probably swap it out with some white wood. It looked crappy in Hammer, but then so do a lot of things that actually turn out to look sexy ingame.

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
I've never has to detail at all before, but hey i'll give it a shot.
hour%203.7.jpg

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
People won't really be able to run around mine, fly around yes, run around, no.

07b.JPG

7 hours

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
Grazr, I don't know if it's just me, but the platform looks to flimsy to support that machine in the second picture. Ruins the image.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Well I sure as hell missed this one. I might just try my hand at #2.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Grazr, I don't know if it's just me, but the platform looks to flimsy to support that machine in the second picture. Ruins the image.

there are 3 supports which are barely visible underneath the catwalk; and such "machines" tend to be largely empty but for some circuit boards and a tiny motor about an eigth of the size of the total case. The case is to protect the motor from the elements and make it easier to transport, it's not a solid object.

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
I think its starting to come together, better get started on my 3d skybox though
hour%206.jpg

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
there are 3 supports which are barely visible underneath the catwalk; and such "machines" tend to be largely empty but for some circuit boards and a tiny motor about an eigth of the size of the total case. The case is to protect the motor from the elements and make it easier to transport, it's not a solid object.

Fair enough. In that case, it looks fine. I didn't really know. It just looked heavy.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Heads up grazr: people aren't used to seeing those metal wall textures used as walls. Since they're only used as walls outside dustbowl.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
af1_grazr_3d_b0000.jpg

af1_grazr_3d_b0003.jpg

af1_grazr_3d_b0004.jpg

OK, YM, i get what you're saying. I liked it in dustbowl and think it should be used more this way, i don't really want to not use it simply because it's not total conformity. What would you suggest? Are you recommending i don't use it or...