Assault

CP Assault A7b

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
Alpha 5 released!

Changes include:
-Elevated bridge route removed altogether
-More stuff added to inside of the warehouse to break up the area and provide cover
-Changed medkit and ammo in front of BLU spawn
-Inside of BLU spawn tweaked
-RED warehouse has an experimental texture scheme because I wanted to see how it'd look
-Round time and extension reduced to five minutes from six
-Respawn times a fraction of what they were before

Last edited:

Géza!

May 12, 2008
Well, for the first time I'm a little uncertain on what to change next after today's playtest. The orange Mann Co. building received multiple criticisms, but I'm uncertain what to change it to...

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Just make it a generic building. It doesn't need specific branding.

Géza!

May 12, 2008
Well I was thinking more along the lines of its role in the gameplay area. I like the Mann Co. logo :unsure:

Géza!

May 12, 2008
Opinions wanted: I'm on a tweaking binge, and after reducing the size of Point A's building slightly, I thought that perhaps I should reduce the warehouse's width as well

Géza!

May 12, 2008
Alpha six is released! Here's the list of changes:
-Cap time on point A lenghtened
-Bridge leading to point A's second floor added
-Double ramp leading to point A's second floor changed into spiral staircase
-Building housing point A shortened to make back-flank route less needlessly long
-Mann. Co. building completely reworked to shorten back flank route
-Area in front of point B warehouse tweaked
-Inside of point B warehouse tweaked, most importantly the vent and how it connects to the inside of the warehouse is changed significantly
-Ground floor back alley entrance to point B warehouse changed
-Signs and arrows tweaked here and there
-Triggers fixed for BLU inner spawn's small side doors

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
So, i screwed up the feedback in the imp, using exactly the wrong feedback every time.

I'm trying to fix this:
"why is there a clip here? or it's just a clipping error, dunno" - I was standing on top of the door entering A from the forward spawn. There is nothing indicating why i could be standing there.
"i really feel like i shouldn't be here" - This could've been on top of the sign at forward spawn, on top of the windows on A or on one of the street lamps next to the window. You can reach them all as a Winger scout.
"i really feel like i should be able to walk up here, but i can't" - top of the containers at last, going to the balcony with the small shutter door.
"getting stuck at the boxes by blue spawn" - I mean those next to the small building. I was walking backwards and got stuck there, i don't really know how.

Géza!

May 12, 2008
A7 released! Rejoice and cheer!
-Another door opened up on point B warehouse
-RED spawn moved back and reduced in size, another path opened
-Prop clutter slightly reduced in- and outside of point B warehouse
-Some clippings tweaked
-Point A second floor windows tweaked, an extra wall section added
-Cap times tweaked

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I have one tiny thing to say:

tqDluIT.jpg

The lower area on the left is largely unused. No health or ammo in that location (ignoring the small pack on the ramp) and it's just a dead corner. I suggest making a path here to the area on the right, or make it useful with a big ammo/health pack.

Also: I think an extra path from here:
eRCF8CB.jpg
going in this direction:
zDagUZu.jpg
and coming out here with a one-way door to B here:
bQPd9HF.jpg
wouldn't be a bad plan. Right now you have either go all the way up or all the way around either side with the left entrance being the longest walk.

Another thing I noticed (well 2 actually) was this.

1: the vent above B, where the ventilator model is. The model itself has no collision and there is a gap (presumably nodraw brush) going into the void.

2: A rework of RED's spawn might not be a bad idea. It's waaaaaay back there and going right out of spawn is a huge open area that's simply a bit too big. Make 2 separate spawn rooms, one on the left and one on the right.

Last edited:

Géza!

May 12, 2008
Turns out I accidentally turned the func_detail around the fan into a color_correction_volume in the vents. Rectifying this in an a7b release in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Géza!

May 12, 2008
cp_assault_a7b released!

Changes include, and are absolutely limited to:
-Fixed the func_detail in the vent

Also, thanks for the suggestions soupcan, I'll look into how it'd work out!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Another thing in this image:
tqDluIT.jpg
Right now there's just one way to get above the point, and that is via a small hallway all the way in the back. I suggest making another entrance up there from the "dead corner" instead of connecting it to the area on the right AND put some health/ammo there.