CP Artpass_Jetti

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Agreed. One wall would look cool, but having several and some very strange angles everywhere is very strange. Think about people having to work in this area, and how they'd be able to reach the consoles, or what purpose a pillar or window serves.

Also, new ramp is much better, but should probably be longer so that it's more believable that a truck is going to pass over it regularly. Though... honestly I don't think anyone would miss it if the pipe and ramp were removed entirely.

Kep

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
I'll be honest with you, I only added those 3 dodgey pillars because there was one on the left (without the wierd curves), which reduced sight lines in the valvebase; the pillar does exactly that, albeit looking... odd...

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Alright. The deals up.

I'll probably be unable to finish this in time.

I also have little chance of winning.

I also am having a serious problem with an areaportal, which is causing half the map to dissappear when it would supposedly be open...

It has been a fun adventure, and my first real experience with hammer. I have come to countless barriers and made countless breakthroughs. Everyone who has posted here, in some way or another, has been brilliantly helpful, inspiring and generally nice.

I apologise to everyone who was rooting to play this map, however outshined it was, by the entries of proffessionals such as RaVaGe, Grazr, MangyCarface and DaBeatsProject and more recently, Acegikmo.

Fear not however, for I have also decided to use the skills I have learned from this map, to make another map with a similar theme, but that one, if finished, will be so much better due to the experience I have gained. For example, it will include snow lining the tops of roofs, and beams on the insides of buildings.

I have not completely given up yet though, as I am determined to finish, even if that day is several weeks after the contest is over and the map is already in game.

And on that bombshell...

Goodnight.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Post screens of your areaportal in Hammer with the pointfile showing and I'll try to help you out?

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Oh, and uh, complementary parting screenshot:

artpassjettisoundtest00.jpg

Chemical Alia

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2010
I really love the aesthetic of your environment, and I seriously hope you finish this thing, or make something new with the same theme. That last shot is really cool!

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Don't worry; as I said in my parting speech, I WILL finish it, but probably not within deadline. I will also be making another map with this theme; basically? I'm doing both. :3

johndo

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2010
Would have been great to see this in the contest, it's a great map. Just keep on at it, would like to see more from ya!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
After I battled with that portal for a long, long time, I couldn't fix it. I'm sorry. I don't know what is wrong with it.

Nov 14, 2009
Please pretty please enter anyways, even if you shove them an unfinished map, if only so that they can see your name for future contests.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
The entire Steam community is down, that's why I went offline, but Jetti I think those stairs should just be metal stairs or something. I'm not completely sure. You may also want to take the protruding geometry things and pull them all the way down so they touch the ground in every spot.

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Alright, so after CONSIDERABLE persuasion, I have finally decided to resume the fight.

I hope you enjoy. And sorry to soylant robot for ripping of his idea, but I loved the contrast the lazer gave to the night sky. The clouds seen in one of the pictures was a test and is schedueled for deletion.

The lighting was epic fail here. I'm sorry. It is being reworked. I also think I should remove the roof hole; it would lead to indoor snow, which is like eww.

artpassjettisoundtest00b.jpg