CP Artpass_Jetti

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
What do you mean, gameplay areas? That cave is a gameplay area. B is a gameplay area. The BLU spawn is a gameplay area! Confused!!

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
artpassjetti158100005.png

I'd say that the BLU INDUSTRIES overlay is too big for a building that small.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Your map still looks good! It seems to have gotten a bit dark for my liking though ):

Grats on the overlay, the image is good but that slogan seems a bit... long

Jetti

May 2, 2010
It's dark because the moonlight can't shine through the buildings. I shall add a lot of light in the area today. This shall include construction lights, overhead "street" lights, floodlights and bare light bulbs.

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Theses next shots are from the corridor leading to C.
This will be the main transition area from the Refinery to the Hidden Spytech base; and as such, I have included a massive blast door similar to doublecross: This would be closed if someone needed to go into the refinery's interior. The Refinery part room is a large computer room. The spytech part is a lobby. Please note the check-in room needs extra light. The water hazzard sign seen on one of the walls is an Overlay made by Void for his texturefest. He has given me his permission to use this.
artpassjettispydoor0008.jpg

artpassjettispydoor0009.jpg

artpassjettispydoor0010.jpg

EDIT: On second thought, I should add some rim around the pipe grate.

Last edited:

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Unfortunately thats true. While it sure looks cool, its got incorrect lighting :/

Sep 12, 2008
And that's because I think you have a leak!

Edit: it's a prop from ctf_sawmill.

Last edited:

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
It's a model :)

Even so, I'd never get something that looks so nice.

Unfortunately thats true. While it sure looks cool, its got incorrect lighting :/

There's a point entity I ran into recently called...light_proxy? Basically it uses its origin as a static prop's origin for lighting calculations.

I bumped into it looking around 2Fort and noticed it in one of the spawn rooms.

Jetti

May 2, 2010
And that's because I think you have a leak!

Edit: it's a prop from ctf_sawmill.

I assure you I have no leaks. What makes you think otherwise?

EDIT: so long as you don't mean area portal leaks. I have one of those. I don't know how to fix it.

Jetti

May 2, 2010
Hey All again, quick update.
This picture is the "Control Room" which looks out to C. It seriously needs work but I am unsure of how to detail it; I have a few hand drawn images involving computerwalls which slide up to reveal doors, but other than that I’m stumped. So any comments are appreciated. I'm thinking of lining the walls ALL with computers, but that seems kind of like a "cop out". The screen bank seen here is created and textured by Void and Rexy
artpassjettispydoor0011.jpg

Last edited:

Ashy Knuckles

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2009
If thats where i think it is, you might be putting too many in the game play area. The door to C is right behind that desk right? It would be annoying have to jump over that desk and chair to get to the point. A railing doesnt really impact much but his cuts off a good chunk of real estate to me. it might not be a good idea to put props like chairs and desks in the game area.

Jetti

May 2, 2010
There are normally rails there anyway, so I don't think it should be a problem.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
If thats where i think it is, you might be putting too many in the game play area. The door to C is right behind that desk right? It would be annoying have to jump over that desk and chair to get to the point. A railing doesnt really impact much but his cuts off a good chunk of real estate to me. it might not be a good idea to put props like chairs and desks in the game area.

Agreed.