Artpass_3Dnj

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
yeah I want to. if they don't see any problem that I provide a map without optimization, without sound and without clipping, I would end completely during the grace week (and maybe the week end)

It's my fault, I don't know wy but before this monday, I was sure the end of the contest was for the 27 >:D

For the moment, I have to finish A a little and make 65% of the red base. (but now, school)

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Just drop out of school so you can map full time, that's why I did and it's worked out well so far.

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
haha I can't do this :D

More screenz !

B area :

artpass_3dnj_a080002.jpg

artpass_3dnj_a080004.jpg

artpass_3dnj_a080005.jpg

Red spawn :

artpass_3dnj_a080006.jpg

artpass_3dnj_a080007.jpg

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
You've got some grassy detail sprites sticking up through the concrete around B and the blue fog really makes those skycard trees stand out against the purple clouds.

Aside from that this map is still flippin' amazing and seriously has a chance of winning if you finish it in time.

Huckle

L3: Member
May 31, 2010

What do you mean you can't do it? The light and composition of these shots are just amazing to the point of me being sad about my own entry. :(

Minor nitpick: remove the locker on B, that detail area is powerful enough to stand on it's own legs, let it do so.

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
So I will finish the map, I don't know if the C point will be good (it's the last area I have to work on) and some clip will be probably missing in the map, but I'm on a good way for the release (if I don't sleep this night) :D

I juste need to check when is 11 am UTC in Belgium :°

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
4 Am and lauching a first full compil of 1 hour (sleeep)

Miss a lot of clip and I totaly forgot nobuild. Maybe tomorrow :D

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I had the chance to run around this map earlier and i have to say i'm impressed. Your displacement cliffs are fresh and boldly made but your buildings and environment are packed full of too much detail.

There are windows on practically every wall, the screen is always busy which is not good for gameplay.

Your spytech was nice, even if it had the same problem of there being every gap packed full of something or other. I also thought there wasn't enough RED in the RED base, almost all the spytech besides the server hatches was neutral. Including that directly around point C.

On a final note I would have said drop the rain, you don't even have clouds in your skybox and it only adds to the visual noise your map has.

Don't forget to pack your custom gear, the grace period isn't done yet and the swamp pack materials are all purple checkered!

Last edited:

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks, grazr ! Can we make some big change during the grace week ? (like delete some props an change some light, details so)

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
Arf :l that's happend when you don't have enough time to test your map. thanks anyway, another compil for tomorrow. I hope i can fix all of this for the grace week.