Arroyo

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
I liked the first stage. It's definitely on the open side, so poor teams will get slaughtered by an organised defence. The second stage is all right, although I didn't see much of it. The third stage is a bit too much of a scene change, and I didn't like it too much.

The problem is: I can't think of any ways to improve it.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
This map was cool.

I'd leave the first stage as is, it's great.

The second stage seemed just a bit too easy for red to defend the first cap. But the 2nd and 3rd caps were strangely easy for blue to sweep through. Also, the really big area you enter when approaching the 2nd point felt strange. There was something about the layout of that area that just didn't feel right.

I don't have much to say about the third stage, since it was so early. But it seemed like blue had too few ways to approach the final point. That part of the map was a bit too simple for the grand-finale.

lustygoat

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2009
The second stage, I've seen a lot of different things happen, I've seen people roll through or defend the hell out of all three points. The last few tests I've seen people stop the cart at the second point. I wish I could make it a little easier for blu to get to the second point area quicker but... it's complicated.

I'm totally redesigning the last stage last point, it definitely doesn't feel epic. Also I'm going to try to make it a little easier to defend the last stage first point, I've never seen anyone hold that spot for long.

About the changing scene, a goal I had was to make each capture point look very different, so you go through:

-outdoor old mine
-indoor old mine
-dam/pipes area
-canyon with crazy bridge
-powerplant exterior
-powerplant interior
-giant excavator

I don't want to try to make it more consistent. :D

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
The only problem I can remember from playing this yesterday is that people were confused as to where they needed to go. All of your points are marked as A1, A2, B1, B2 etc when they should be labeled either A, B, C and D or 1, 2, 3 and 4 for each of the secitons, not both. When all the points have a blue B pointing to them, it is confusing.

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Awww, when I saw "Arroyo" I instantly hoped this is a Fallout-themed map :(

Still looks good nonetheless.

lustygoat

Feb 14, 2009
gameday notes:

-shorter red spawn timer
-bring the final point further inside and make that area a little deeper
-clarify how the doors work
-try to stop pyros from being able to shoot through setup gates
-try to figure out how the cart killed someone :D

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
gameday notes:

-shorter red spawn timer
-bring the final point further inside and make that area a little deeper
-clarify how the doors work
-try to stop pyros from being able to shoot through setup gates
-try to figure out how the cart killed someone :D

The cart didn't kill someone, he probably mistook the train icon from the trigger_hurt.

I like the map. Something about the layout and the architecture (even if it was only alpha) spoke "awesome spytech"

Near the end of the first stage felt sniper friendly though

LordNor

L3: Member
Jun 24, 2009
wow looks very well made, ill have to play this sometime

lustygoat

Feb 14, 2009
gameday notes:

-shorter blu respawn time for last segment
-remove clips around bridge so people can get knocked to their death (as an experiment)
-flatten the cart path entirely before it gets near the elevator
-try to clarify the door logic more
-remove red color to lights on the bridge
-create more cover on the bridge

lustygoat

Feb 14, 2009
major updates to this map, including totally redesigned points 2-2 and 2-3, some tweaks to other points.

new 2-2:

arroyoNewB2.jpg

new 2-3:

arroyoNewB3.jpg

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Looks like an air traffic control tower, actually.

lustygoat

Feb 14, 2009
updated to a16, with a slight tweak to 2-3. I'm hopeful that from here out it's mostly detailing, and the next version will be beta 1. (and that beta takes less than... 7 months... kill me now)

tweaked 2-3:

arroyoNewerB3.jpg