arena_oilrig

ARENA arena_oilrig b12

HomingPenguins

L1: Registered
Dec 5, 2020
Oilrig - A small arena map, it is also my first.

A small arena map that is set above the ocean on an oilrig. I had help with the layout a bit from a more experienced mapper. Everything still has dev textures execpt for the ground, which is just a random TF2 concrete.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
You should upload some screenshots!

HomingPenguins

Dec 5, 2020
Adds a hall under the ramps and next to point, don't know if they are permanent or not, needs a bit of playtesting first. i also added some weird looking decoration, probably going to make it look better later. added a bit of trim, needs more though. going to add pictures soon.

Read the rest of this update entry...

HomingPenguins

Dec 5, 2020
Cleaned up a few things, made it to where you can get airblasted off the spawn room window without also being able to rocket/sticky jump out in the preround. Added a whole bunch of clipping around objects that needed it. I also readded the pillers under the map that holds up the oilrig, it was just floating before. Also adding screenshots.

HomingPenguins

Dec 5, 2020
Adds a new room at the top of the ramp that you cant enter that just exists to make the place look bigger than it really is. also adds more random props to make the place look actually used, even though most of the walls still look pretty bare. fixed a few of the light intensity issues from last version. and figured out that if you have a weird light error, just delete stuff untill it works, and remake it using the other side as a template :D.

HomingPenguins

Dec 5, 2020
HomingPenguins updated arena_oilrig with a new update entry:

Ocean looks like an ocean now

Did you look at the skybox and ask, "Why does the water stop over there" or "Why in the world are there mountains in the distance, we are on an oilrig. Ask no more, I have fixed at least one of those issues. now instead of asking those questions, you ask, "Why does that fog over there look so weird" or "Why is there a square of water around the oilrig that has a weird glare on it" or "Why are there mountains behind the fog on the skybox." These questions are valid, but sometimes you just...