Animus

Animus a8

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The spawns on stage 3 are way too close together, and stage 1 is a little bit too large and confusing. I also managed to win stage 1 while dead, and the small sheds on stage 2 can trap engineers if they build a sentry outside of it.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Was experimenting with lighting and this happened. I know it looks good and all, but no. :p

plr_animus_a70013.jpg

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I don't get it. Where's the light source for the giant blinding white light?

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
From a quick glance it's an improvement, I never liked the yellow ambiance. Glad to see some blue players again.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Uhh...whoever that guy that wrote to Control point about being labeled a cheater for using the Idler...he mentioned your map, thus Control Point linked to it and talk about it for a short while. Congrats.

Oh right - expect me to post in your thread like I have done in Haarp when you detail everything. It looks nice.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
Playing as I type this. The carts got stuck when they crossed and I noticed a few graphics flickers with textures overlapping a little. I'll post more later.

Edit: after the carts got stuck with me on here posting and getting locked out of the game for a period of time, people had rtv'd to a new map. We only got half a round out. Had I been on there I would have reset the round but alas, I wasn't.

Last edited:

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Did you fix the pitch of the sun(or shadow_control) because we were getting all sort of crazy shadows during the gameday?

EDIT: forgot to say that it looks great so far, keep up the good work. :D
Yeah I noticed that already in A5, really annyoing. I havent tried to fix it yet, but I think I know what is causing the problem so it shouldnt be much work to fix it.

Uhh...whoever that guy that wrote to Control point about being labeled a cheater for using the Idler...he mentioned your map, thus Control Point linked to it and talk about it for a short while. Congrats.
Yeah, I heard that too, eerie tip me. But they talked about the old setup. Kill to move the cart. I emailed them about it :)

Playing as I type this. The carts got stuck when they crossed and I noticed a few graphics flickers with textures overlapping a little. I'll post more later.
Yeah, Im still trying to figure out how to fix that cross over bug. And for the overlapping texture, thats small stuff for a early alpha like this :p

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Fearlezz: I would say do it the way pipeline does it and disable one teams ability to push across when it goes across, and have the cart automove through the section in which it can be stuck. It doesn't really break gameplay, I'd think, and your cart won't get stuck.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
That's how he should be doing it. That's a prefab in Boojum's gametype library.