Animus

Animus a8

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Yes.

If you're not going to take my advice, at least take his.

I dont want people to think that I dont listen to any advice or feedback that is given to me, so Im gonna tell you this:

I listen to everyone that comments the map. But sometime I just cannot do changes people people want to. Or sometimes the suggestions are just stupid. The only advice you have given me is regarding the light, and along with theat advice you always say that I never listen to you. You did this on facepunch too. You did it in the chat before aswell. You have never given me feedback before so how can you say that I never listen to you?

You saying that I never listen to you is getting really old. Just knock it off, and get back to helping. You keep nagging about the same thing without giving me some time to change things.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I dont want people to think that I dont listen to any advice or feedback that is given to me, so Im gonna tell you this:

I listen to everyone that comments the map. But sometime I just cannot do changes people people want to. Or sometimes the suggestions are just stupid. The only advice you have given me is regarding the light, and along with theat advice you always say that I never listen to you. You did this on facepunch too. You did it in the chat before aswell. You have never given me feedback before so how can you say that I never listen to you?

You saying that I never listen to you is getting really old. Just knock it off, and get back to helping. You keep nagging about the same thing without giving me some time to change things.

My help was deleted from this thread because you thought I was flaming it.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
I might give this advice(whatever its worth)... The best thing that has worked for me: Buy a private server, test alpha's and beginning beta's on there with testers that you know and trust. They will give you the best and most feedback. It will help avoid comments about color and other small things and instead, early on you will get real game play feedback, like you need. Never let the world see what you are working on until its almost complete (especially in a contest).

The last project I did like this worked great and I have 2 projects in the works that the internet world will never see until they are complete.

Good luck. :)

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
Played this today.

I thought it was an interesting map with some good visual themes that will come out more once it is further detailed. I loved the carts, stage 1 and 2 felt a bit similar, and 3 I think is just a spamfest at the moment, especially with that archway between the two sides.

Stage 3 is the one I think is the least interesting at present, its small, its compact, and its too similar to Pipeline, something a bit more special or epic is required.

With regards to balance, different teams won each time, which was good, and I think people (who weren't moaning about colour) enjoyed the map.

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
I do have an idea for the third stage.

The theme to me suggests hell, death, and fear, the map is going to be loaded with atmosphere when you detail. To me this suggests that the third stage instead of being uphill, should be a visual descent into the depths of hell.

The routes could twist at times during their descent, and could even have parts where they face off opposite each other on their descent, but I think a third stage that descends rather than ascends would be an idea to finish off the map. Separating the two teams a bit further at the start would reduce the immediate spamfest.

Another suggestion would be to have the carts accessed a different way from getting to the other team, so that at the start teams are presented with the option of taking out the other team, or moving the cart.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
they feel completely out of place, the map is completely red-ish, so they stand out like a penguin in the desert

This is exactly my opinion too, you've got SUCH an orange wash, to introduce small patches of bright green really draws the eye, and for something as non-objective based as foliage, thats bad. You need to make important objects stand out and scenery blend in (although not as much as your orangewash)

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Yeah it looks too contrastic and now the theme is just... what. I don't even know anymore.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
You're trying too hard to be different and it's not producing any good results.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I still don't like the lighting. Can't you change to something a little more atmospheric and not just - you know - brown?

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Quite a drama you've gone through in this thread Fearlezz :p

I haven't player this map in a while (I think it was A5?) but when I did, the gameplay felt too single planed. As a Soldier, (lolsoundslikevalvestipslol) Most of the Shots I got were from spamming down a long corridor in front of me. Unfortunately, I can't play TF2 right now to test if this is correct but, I think some advantageous ledges could be added along the track, giving a sanctuary to Soldiers and Demomen to tactically relocate at.

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
Every time I check on this map it looks better and better. I'll probably end up voting for it in the contest.

Darth Cyrax

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2008
You need to make important objects stand out and scenery blend in (although not as much as your orangewash)
This. I think you could keep the overall ambiance of your map the same (which I presume is the way you like it, since you've kept it the same all through the thousand complaints) but stem the complaints of it being too orange/brown by lighting up/contrasting the important areas of the map. This would be the spawns, the track, and the end goals. Put some cool colors in there; blue, green, violet. Hell, even some white lights would work fine, but something needs to break the orange.
So basically, what YM said.

Last edited: