Z fighting
plr_animus_a50000.jpg

Needs to be playerclipped so you cant hide inside it
plr_animus_a50001.jpg

Void showing
plr_animus_a50002.jpg

plr_animus_a50003.jpg

plr_animus_a50005.jpg

Rock sticking through wall, its near blues spawn top(not sure what stage)
plr_animus_a50006.jpg

Rock looks odd between wall pieces.
plr_animus_a50007.jpg

I got stuck behind this rock near the final capture
plr_animus_a50008.jpg

Floating Fence
plr_animus_a50010.jpg

Also looking across the map I think stage 1 or 2 my framerate droped considerably.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2008
got no screens, but some basic impressions

stage 1&2 feel one third too long, at the start, people are pushing for ages before the encounter the enemy.
stage 3 on the other side could be a third longer and have some kind of elevation change at the end.
stage 3´s spawns might become a real spawncamping problem, you just need an ubered heavy to mow down the first wave, and then it shouldn´t be a problem for him&medic to hold down the enemy team. if you add a blasting pyro to that, they all end up either dead or in the pit

i love the new setting, although the particles weren´t working for me either
you could turn down the rain though, it´s very distracting as it is now

nice to see it brought to life
rock on

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
The new... "Cart" looks - to put it simply - completely devoid of any theme of Team Fortress 2 whatsoever and looks like something that would fit into a Crash Bandicoot/Psychonauts Hybrid... and I like those games.

Jindo

L3: Member
Aug 6, 2009
Plenty of bugs and glitches I noticed: firstly there was of course those 2 errors in where the carts were stuck or we were forced in to some kind of 1 second sudden death, I know that the latter shouldn't be too difficult to fix, no idea about the first one though, it happened on Scoville and apparently it's a bug in general in the PLR gamemode.

---

As far as other stuff goes, I have plenty of screenshots:

plr_animus_a50006.jpg

Brushes overlapping.

plr_animus_a50007.jpg

plr_animus_a50008.jpg

Tracks not connected properly.

plr_animus_a50010.jpg

Stage 3, this ditch that supposedly kills you, I luckily landed on something which prevented me from falling all the way :3 (Unfortunately from exploring I found out that it was very thin).

plr_animus_a50011.jpg

Precious void D:

plr_animus_a50012.jpg

Water glitches as you rise above it.

plr_animus_a50013.jpg

plr_animus_a50015.jpg

Areas where you could see outside of the map.

And my personal favourite:

I was waiting for the spawn door to open (because as you know, when leaving them open they soon close, unfortunately it wouldn't open for me), as soon as it did open, I ran out, but then it closed again whilst I was under it, and this was the result:

plr_animus_a50017.jpg

And during humiliation:

plr_animus_a50019.jpg

Whilst I enjoyed it, it needs fixing, as does the rest of the things mentioned above.

But overall it's not a bad looking map, I like the theme, although it's not very traditional in comparison with other maps, you've done a good job so far!

Keep it up!

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
The reason I have a timer at all unlike Pipeline is so there wont be a stalemate. When the timer reaches 0 and no one is standing by the cart, the team who has pushed the cart furthest wins the round.

But I dont know what happened to that in stage 2. It went to sudden death and then declared a winner. And when that happened, the cart was never told to move to stage 3. And thats why that bug occured. I think this is really easy to fix however.

I also think I know the reason why the cart stops at a crossover. Not sure about scoville, but I have a hill right before the crossover, and I think that if one cart is on the hill when the other one is just about to cross over, it bugs out and it gets stuck. Not sure but I dont think there is much I can do anyway.

Thanks for all the visual glitches and stuff so far.

Last edited:

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
I had quite fun today. But that crossover bug still occurred :/ I really want to fix it and stop worrying about it.

Anyway, some pics from todays test

plr_animus_a50052.jpg

plr_animus_a50050.jpg

plr_animus_a50053.jpg

plr_animus_a50055.jpg

And my personal favorite today :p
plr_animus_a50059.jpg

Oh and Im working on A6. Just gonna wait with releasing it.

Last edited:

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Gameday feedback : played heavy/soldier/pyro/spy.

Sorry but I didn't like much the experience. Some were bothered by the dense rain effect, but I didn't mind much. What did bother me was the size of the first stage, and the large areas it featured. I didn't find any efficient way to play pyro, because heavies and snipers can shoot from so far away in almost all critical locations. They also were tiney bit of the map that I could run into and loose some moment to get out, because nearby routes tend to loop. (sorry if the sequence is confusing ^^)
On the other side, both second and third rounds felt so tiny and closed, almost if we were on another map. Because of team unbalancing, I couldn't get a real grasp of what actually happened, especially on the final round : you avoided the mindless fight of pipeline but I had to scout for a bit before actually finding the opposing team :O

To get different feelings, I ended the play test by duelling as spy but I didn't felt involved in the real fight. Each team had its own pushing cluster (heavy/soldier/démoman/medic/pyro, and some rogue fighters (soldiers or scouts) trying to harass them.

This saif, I found your setting quite nice, like the bottom of the waterfall with this volcanic lake feeling, and all.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I really felt that the stages were too large. Except stage 3, which I didnt get to play enough to comment on.

As someone mentioned ingame, the rain seemed out of place. The setting sun is enough to give a good ambiance, no need to overdo it with effects that doesn't fit (rain) in my opinion :)

Atleast its much better than the kill-to-push-cart thing you started with (last time I played it)

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Alpha 6 released!

Changelog
-------------
A6 (09-11-09)
-------------
> Possibly fixed the crossover bug (Thanks void)
> Re-made the waterfalls to displacements
> Fixed a issue where the carts would stay in stage 2 if no team won that stage
> Added eyes to the cart :O
> Now the carts eyes will only glow if someone dies
> Fixed custom particles now showing up.
> Removed the rain
> Added a few custom textures
> optimized the map a bit
> Optimized the use of path_tracks
> Moved the starting posistion for the carts in stage 1 forward
> Added a new path in the middle of stage 2
> Small fixes
Enjoy :)

carteyes.jpg

Sep 12, 2008
Alpha 6 released!

Changelog
-------------
A6 (09-11-09)
-------------
> Possibly fixed the crossover bug (Thanks void)
> Re-made the waterfalls to displacements
> Fixed a issue where the carts would stay in stage 2 if no team won that stage
> Added eyes to the cart :O
> Now the carts eyes will only glow if someone dies
> Fixed custom particles now showing up.
> Removed the rain
> Added a few custom textures
> optimized the map a bit
> Optimized the use of path_tracks
> Moved the starting posistion for the carts in stage 1 forward
> Added a new path in the middle of stage 2
> Small fixes
Enjoy :)

carteyes.jpg

[sarcasm]
Wait... what do I see there? A living/animated cart with eyes?! Where did you find the idea to put that in your map? Please tell me. I like the idea.
[/sarcasm]

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
The space at the front of the cart just seems too empty...

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
The space at the front of the cart just seems too empty...
I don't think so, since there are the candles. Might be because of the angle of the screenshot ;)

I'm glad you fixed the particles ! Now we will a have good finale to see !

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I still personally don't like the lighting. Too damn dark and dreary. :(

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Ill take a look if I can lighten it up somehow and still keep the colors

Also the crossover bug is not fixed. I now think it occours when a bunch of people is pushing the cart at the same time when the setup ends.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I still don't like the colours. It's just makes everything look very bleh.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I still don't like the colours. It's just makes everything look very bleh.

First and foremost, if your players can't see/are discomforted by the environment, they suffer the same problems as maps with "unplayable darkness".