ambient_generic keeps plays itself randomly

Mar 2, 2018
Solved: shortening the lenghth of the audio files to 5 seconds and converting them to mp3 solved the issue, could anyone still fix that title it I'm dying ;-;

I have an ambient generic in my map that plays precached sounds with addoutput inputs sent to it, but afer a while it starts playing the previous sounds randomly even after the entity is killed...

***noticed the title just now could someone remove the "keeps" or change the "plays" to "playing" please?***

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Use the console command "developer 2" to print all I/O activity to the console and the top left of your screen. You can use that to see if the ambient_generic is receiving any inputs when it's not supposed to.

Mar 2, 2018
Use the console command "developer 2" to print all I/O activity to the console and the top left of your screen. You can use that to see if the ambient_generic is receiving any inputs when it's not supposed to.
The random sounds continue even after I kill all ambient_generics in my map (ent_fire ambient_generic kill) I think it's related to the entities the ambient_generic creates, soundent but I'll try doing what you've said

Edit: After following your instructions I've noticed there are no inputs/outputs related to the entity being fired at all how odd, explains why it still worked even after being killed though.
At least I learned about a new debug method that could save me some time, thank you for that.

Last edited: