A Medal Massacre

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone else experience glitchiness with the medals not showing up the right color? I got bronze, but it keeps appearing on my player model as gold or silver. When I die and my ragdoll flies close enough to the screen, I can even read "Grizzled Veteran" written on it sometimes. :O

The only importance the medal has to me whatsoever is that it reminds me exactly when I got the Orange Box. I was kinda wondering that recently, and now I'll always know. :p
It's a neat little cosmetic thing too, of course.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
The valve community is by far the whiniest. Blizzard recently released a rocket strictly for players who introduce more players, and some are paying $60 for a new account to get the rocket, rather than complaining.
It's just a freakin medal guys.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Wait, people are upset about this? Wow, I've been out of the loop for way too long.

Valve should just give a medal for everyone who didn't complain about not getting _____. Of course that would amount to all of zero players, but it would be nice to see it in the gcf files.

acfan

L1: Registered
May 3, 2010
I'm fine with my bronze, even though I've been playing TF2 since August '08 (got it on the 360).

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The valve community is by far the whiniest. Blizzard recently released a rocket strictly for players who introduce more players, and some are paying $60 for a new account to get the rocket, rather than complaining.

Don't even bother bringing up Blizzard. Their player base are strange obssessive creatures to the point where some have even died because of their games. Why would these individuals care about $60 when they're already probably forking out monthly subscriptions and even on rare occasions putting their lives on the line.

For those of us with self preservation instincts who can't afford to constantly throw away money nor have rich parents or well paid jobs with minimum work hours that allow us disposable incomes with the time to use what we spend, but have the intelligence to prioritise our lively hood, we have a salvation. It is called Valve. The games company for the only slightly insane.

Last edited:

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009

Blizzard. One of the communities that have a con dedicated to them, and you're trying to use them for comparison? :facepalm:

Valve fans are no worse than any other fans. And this topic is blowing the medal thing way out of proportion. This is no where near as bad as the halo thing was, and already most people have quit caring. And those of us who were whining were probably half joking to begin with.

I do agree that things like the medals, blog giveaways, and especially limited items aren't nearly the super awesome idea Valve seems to think they are. But that's another discussion.

P.S. I should have gold because I am most deserving player ever.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I missed my silver medal with one day!
AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why are people so upset about this, whole idle vs halo thing was bit bad move from Valve and pretty stupid, but this? You have 4 color badges and everyone gets them, why are people still crying, nobody loses and everyone gets their badge.