A Heavy Update 8/19/08

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
lol, "He punched all of my blood out! all of it!" :D

Valve is awesome. They are about the only game company that is in touch with current internet jokes, and they can pull of some funny jokes too :cool1:

I still can't believe the heavy actually says "OMNOMNOM" while eating. wonder if it will be like that in-game?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I still can't believe the heavy actually says "OMNOMNOM" while eating. wonder if it will be like that in-game?

its exactly like that ingame, its awesome.
Natasha sounds ultra sexy and the instakill taunt has incredible range.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
EET IZ GUD DAY FOR DOKTOR!

cp_dustbowl0038.jpg

It SAID no timelimit, but then it went and changed JUST before I reached 100k healing :( Oh well, as much as I dislike 24/7 that was ridiculously fun to play a medic with so many heavies around.

Natasha does sound awesome, as does the backburner.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
ha, i know, i was having a field day with the kritzcrieg, far more effective with so many heavies

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
I'm gonna grind out Natascha just because of how she sounds. I don't care about any of the other unlocks, although the sandvich is quite funny too. :)

I love arena mode. I think it's taking people a bit to adjust and be more careful, but I had a lot of fun with it. I'm hoping Valve can add some more cvars that allow unbalanced teams and allow the server admin to specify the threshold where teams switch from 2 to 3. Right now we had 5-5 and 1 person had to sit. That's just silly... 5-6 would have been fine.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I don't think I'll use sasha, I can't see a huge advantage, and realisticly I cant forsee using anything other than the KGB....

but then, I don't play as heavy :laugh:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
is it me, or are there less heavies than there were medics and pyros to their unlocks?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Heavies have more significant weaknesses and i guess people have chosen to kill heavies more than get the achievements asap, probably because they are happy with their pyro and medic ones at present. There are an aweful lot of snipers, spies and pyro's.

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
the update has given heavies the attention they deserve, but alot of people dont really care THAT much anymore for unlocks, so they prefer to backstab those temping huge backs :p

badwater basin ... I don't know. It feels a little, ... unfinished. Sure the layout is amazing! but it seems like they went through a lot less effort in detailing the map. there are some rooms who just have NO detail ...

the arena I havent played more then a few games on, but I like what I see so far. Although it would be more fun if you could team up with your friends instead of getting randomly assigned. The maps for arena are small, and don't really allow much camping.

also the kritzkrieg got a buff, and now I actually see people using it! perhaps its becauseof all the heavies, but a kritz charges that much faster :) (went from 10% to 25% more then the normal medigun)

all in all, very nice update!