A Heavy Update 8/19/08

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Be patient guys, I'm guessing the other new game mode maps will have plenty of new things for us to love.

I'll take another mining/industrial Valve-created map over an amateur map anyday.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
WTB more industrial textures, particularly for outdoor use. Was working on the building contest, and looking at whats available. Its sad, which is in addition to the major differences between a wooden structure and, say, a concrete or brick factory (they're all just flippin rectangular blocks in RL).

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
some guy on the steampowered forums claimed he saw the friday bit on the heavy site updated to "sonja and bellicosi" but then it was gone again. no screenshots or nothing, just speculation :)

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007
Natascha - Now Don't Be Jelous

Natascha - Now Don't Be Jelous

The second unlockable for the Heavy, Natascha allows the Heavy to slow enemies with her bullets. Enemies taking damage from her will find themselves moving slower for an instant, encouraging them to find cover or deal with the Heavy. Unfortunately, her firepower is somewhat weaker than that of Sasha, so the Heavy will find it takes longer to finish them off. As a result, Natascha's great to use against those that want to get away, like Scouts & Medics, and not so great against those trying to kill you. Heavies that like to jump around corners to surprise groups of enemies will also find it very useful, although it's best to make sure there isn't a Sasha-wielding Heavy there.

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/natascha.htm

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I don't like this weapon. I just don't think slowing down players is a good idea for a gameplay element in TF2. Plus, boo at Valve for killing the humor in Sasha's name.

EDIT: The background, though, has me interested. Looks like pine trees in the background, on top of some cliffs.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yeah, I agree.

Natascha - very little interest
A new, greener environment - a LOT of interest

Bun

L1: Registered
Aug 2, 2008
Stop it, Valve...

"Stop making updates and suicide Valve!" :p

Anyways, the green. I would love some grass (hoped for snow but w/e), would give some new ideas to use in hammer. :rolleyes:

T

The Asylum

Wow, lame update. Unless it significantly slows other players (like 50% of their speed) for a long time (7s), I don't think I'll be using Nastasha.

See also: Post-nerf Backburner

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
Green on TF2?

I beat valve at it

I just hope they are not making a jungle enviroment. I'm cool with a Pine Forest enviroment but please let it not be Jungle!

I'm happy with the updates so far, just for those unlockables. They are too good to be true!

STALIN THE KART!

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
Valve is just taunting at Russian history and culture.

"In a sad turn of events Robin Walker and several other Valve employees working on the popular online multiplayer game, Team Fortress 2, released in the fall of 2007, were found dead in their Bellevue, Washington office. Police suspect the deaths to be related to trace amounts of a rare polonium-210 isotope found during the autopsy in the bodies all 10 staff members working on the game to have been the cause..."

:p

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Ba-zing.

And FaTony, just wait until they get the soldier out. There will be tons of war hawk american achievements for him. Both the medic and the pyro had profession related achievements (first do no harm, need a light, etc). However, they're aren't many jokes about the hwguy, so the make fun the same way they did in the Meet the Heavy video.

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
"In a sad turn of events Robin Walker and several other Valve employees working on the popular online multiplayer game, Team Fortress 2, released in the fall of 2007, were found dead in their Bellevue, Washington office. Police suspect the deaths to be related to trace amounts of a rare polonium-210 isotope found during the autopsy in the bodies all 10 staff members working on the game to have been the cause..."

:p

It wasn't me! :bored: *heavy shotgun taunt*

Last edited: