koth_sergis_72
plr_leswordfish_72
cp_ezekel_72
pl_ayesdyef_72

Last edited:

Walker

L2: Junior Member
Oct 22, 2009
Haven't gotten to play everything yet, subject to change, etc...

ctf_mangy_72
koth_sergis_72
plr_supersandvich_72_3
cp_frozen_72 (I warmed up to it)
plr_zhan_72_02
koth_prestige_72
koth_psy_72
pl_ravidge_72
cp_trotim_72 (Same)
koth_reej_72

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
koth_psy
koth_dabp
pl_ravidge
pl_ym
ctf_mangy
plr_super
cp_frozen
koth_omnomnick
koth_sergis
cp_trotim

I still have to play more maps but there are rarely any tests these days :/

Last edited:

Two monkeys.ps

L1: Registered
Jul 5, 2011
Hi,
I just registered to vote. I think I played most of them over the weekend and must say I'm really impressed with the quality I've seen.
Since I don't map myself my yardstick was how much fun I had on each map.

My top eight in no particular order.

koth_grazr: Looks good, plays good.
pl_leminnes: Short and sweet payload map. Would fit nicely between two more involved maps in any server rotation.
cp_frozen: I guess going for a 3 Stage map in 72 hours is quite a ballsy move. :D Looks like it has payerd off so far.
pl_ravidge: Feels like a map from a future were Valve actually did something with the medival mode. Until then it is a nice gimmick map. The contest version had a broken forward spawn on the attacking team.
koth_dabp: Looks great but could use more ways to the higher levels.
pl_ym: Looks really nice but could use a forward spawn, once the cart leaves the house again gameplay is now a frustrating grindfest in an otherwise fun map.
plr_zhan: Making a fun payload race must be one of the hardest things for a mapper to master, this is fun.
koth_reej: Combines a unique look with solid gameplay. Just turn on the light inside. :p
cp_hanz: Has nice height variation and doesn't stalemate. Now make it pretty. :p
koth_psy: Fun map but that door....;) CP feels very open, I got headshot a lot.

Overall I feel my choices look a bit boring and conservative. I want to commend the players who tried to push the boundaries of TF2 mapping but I choose to focus on what is there after 72 hours. Had I focused on future potential my list would probably look diffrent.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
may I take my map out of this contest?

heavy's voice: NO! IS NOT POSSIBLE!

seriously though, yours is one of my favourites. please don't

Apr 13, 2009
There are about 10 maps I still haven't been able to play, but I'm going to go ahead and put down names now rather than wait and risk missing the chance. May come back on it later. In no particular order :

cp_hanz_72
cp_ezekel_72
cp_frozen_72
koth_dabp_72
pl_ym_72 (damnit, put your map's name in your screenshot's filename !)
cp_ravage_72 (same as above !)
koth_psy_72
cp_trotim_72
koth_omnomnick_72
plr_supersandvich_72_3 (the right name by the way !)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Preliminary voting ends 17:00 CEST on Friday 8th of July
Check this time in YOUR time zone.

Votes will be counted after that and the final round of voting will begin later that day.

Also, I want to remind you all that this thread is NOT for discussion, only for votes. Important issues like Fubar's withdrawal are fine, but please keep anything else to this thread. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
despite fubar's withdrawal, i still wish to keep my vote for his map in my top ten. this is because i genuinely had fun with this map. i feel that fubar has earned and deserves my vote even if he's out of the contest.
will this invalidate my top ten if i do this?

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
A lot of people probably have Fubar's map in their list and won't take notice of its withdrawal, so yes, lists containing that map are valid.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Well i changed my own list so it didn't have fubar, i felt like leaving someone out by having map on my list that was no longer in contest.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Finally played them all!!

Top 10: (in order of which I played them, since everyone does them in no particular order :p)

Ravidge
Lemmines
Mangy
Beatz
Psy
leswordfish
omnomnik
grazr
ritz
trotim

Here are my scrawlled memory joggers for each (note these aren't intended to provide feedback, just my initial impressions to jog my memory whilst I refined my top 10 list) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2126504/72 hour mp comments.pdf

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I feel I have to give a reminder so everything's absolutely clear: Your list must contain ten map names when the deadline is up (and the thread is locked). I'm sorry if this has been unclear but it should go without saying that you actually need to play all or close to all of the maps to such an extent that you are able to form an opinion on which ones you prefer. Managing to squeeze out 10 shouldn't be all too hard, right?

Another reminder - just in case - that you cannot vote for yourself. I think I mentioned this earlier but I didn't explicitly say it in the beginning of the thread, therefore I find it unfair to invalidate an entire list that includes your own map. If there are such cases, I will ignore that particular map in your list.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I feel I have to give a reminder so everything's absolutely clear: Your list must contain ten map names when the deadline is up (and the thread is locked). I'm sorry if this has been unclear but it should go without saying that you actually need to play all or close to all of the maps to such an extent that you are able to form an opinion on which ones you prefer. Managing to squeeze out 10 shouldn't be all too hard, right?

Another reminder - just in case - that you cannot vote for yourself. I think I mentioned this earlier but I didn't explicitly say it in the beginning of the thread, therefore I find it unfair to invalidate an entire list that includes your own map. If there are such cases, I will ignore that particular map in your list.

send those who haven't got 10 yet a pm to remind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.