7:37 PM - flame ♫: best update ever

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't know what's funnier: That they didn't catch this bug, or that it really isn't the gamebreaker you'd expect it to be. They're going down pretty easily for some reason. Maybe it's because the engies are too busy to keep them maintained?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
After spending several hours on an all-A/D/PL server, it looks like the extra sentries were doing more harm than good. BLU is winning almost every round. And now, we managed to hold out for like five minutes on stage 3-A of Dustbowl with no sentries at all.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Valve did this on purpose to test how multiple sentries would effect the game, for the Engineer update.

EDIT: Also, from what I hear, this exploit involves disabling the secondary weapon, is that right? More reason to suspect this is an Engineer Update feature that got rolled out too soon.

Last edited:

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
This was suggested by someone somewhere: The Backburner needs a sort of "backblast," a jet of air streaming out the opposite end of the backburner that propels the pyro skyward or forward depending on directional pointing. (Looking up will fire you upwards, forwards will propel you forwards ect.)

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
Oh valve, do they ever cease to amaze us with buggy updates?:p

On a brighter and more interesting note, me and a friend made a fun game out of it: Opened up a KOTH map (infinite time), we each got 15 sentries and 5 dispensers each, then when we were set up we spawned about 20 opposing bots. Made a sort of tower defense thing with it. Needless to say, it kept us entertained for a couple of hours.

Apr 19, 2009
Hotfix time!

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve 17:12
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Fixed several issues with the Source SDK
Added new items to commemorate our 119th (or so) update
Scout's "Retire the Runner" achievement updated to be
"Kill a Scout while they are under the effect of Crit-a-Cola."
Added a 20% damage bonus to The Backburner.
Fixed the Flare Gun's afterburn duration being lowered by the Flamethrower's duration reduction.
Fixed the teleporter exit using the wrong particle effect.
Fixed HUD damage indicators not appearing.
Fixed Teleporters not reverting to level 1 when their other side is destroyed.
Fixed receiving damage not causing view-kicks on players.
Fixed Engineers & Spies being able to circumvent build restrictions.
Fixed Server Browser not saving filter settings properly.
Fixed a client crash in the targetID on clients running custom HUDs

Nov 14, 2009
It is my opinion that they broke so much in this update just so they could all fix it today, and call the the 119th update!

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Spies can no longer exploit the sentry bug, the but a slight variation on the bug still exists for engineers, so you can lock down a room with twenty sentries.

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I'm happy. Flaregun afterburn is fixed. The backburner tweak is appreciated, but I still won't use it. :D

Played last night a bit as pyro. Airblast changes are crazy overpowered IMO. And I only noticed the flamethrower damage reduction when going after sentry nests or edging a tanked sentry. Pyro tweaks are pretty much all big uptweaks now.

Played as heavy a bit as well, and that 25% rev up increase is niiiiice, especially with natascha.

Kep