3D Skybox Bugs

GrismarPicklemelt

L1: Registered
Apr 8, 2018
So I'm trying to give my map a 3D skybox, and when I look at it from a certain angle it just disappears and looks like I'm staring into the void, and none of the props/brushes I put there other than the ground will show.
I have no leaks in my map that I could find, I made sure to cover anything that may not block a leak from happening, I surrounded my 3D skybox area and map in a skybox, and I made sure to use normal mode and not fast mode when running the map.

I can't think of any reason it is doing this, it even shows the map up in the sky for whatever reason.
I have looked up videos for a solution but nothing seems to work.

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
Well I found a persisting leak...
For whatever reason something in blu spawn is always leaking. When I fix the leak something else starts leaking.
It just started doing that and I haven't touched anything remotely close to blu spawn in forever.

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
ok, so I made a backup of my map and deleted blu spawn all together.

now it's complaining about red spawn leaking.

I'm getting very angery.

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
Yes, and I have done everything to fix the problems, including deleting everything that gives me a problem and patching any holes that arise afterwords, but every time I fix a problem another takes its place.

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
I'm assuming you are asking if I every copied and pasted a large section of the map and left it?

Yes, when I was first making the map I made one side of the map, copied it, flipped it around, and made a few edits.
I also copied the map and scaled it down to build the 3D skybox, but I deleted that.

Cincomma

bonk sploosh
aa
Aug 2, 2017
The reason I asked is because just recently I copied a file of a map of mine so my friend could make his event version while I made mine. His map's skybox broke as well

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
Ah, ok.

I'll keep tinkering around with the map and post anything I find here.
Hopefully I can get this resolved without having to delete a bunch of stuff and make things more tedious than needed

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
I think the problem is that when I made the 3D skybox it messed with some of the skyboxes I had, and they weren't being registered by the game.

I fixed all of them and right now I'm trying to compile and test the map to see if my theory holds water.

GrismarPicklemelt

Apr 8, 2018
I was right, the skyboxes somehow got corrupted.

but now I have a new problem. because of the way I built the map you can see the enemies spawn from right outside of yours, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but it won't render completely unless you get closer to it.
Meaning you can see inside enemy spawn. While I could add some walls to block that it would kinda make the 3D skybox I made forfeit.